A six-game home winning streak is on the line for the Green Bay Phoenix (9-9, 3-2 Hor) when they clash against the IUPUI Jaguars (10-8, 2-3 Hor) at Resch Center. Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 17, 2019.
IUPUI Jaguars at Green Bay Phoenix ATS Odds
Both teams fell in their last matchup. The Phoenix fell to the Oakland Golden Grizzlies, 90-78, while the Jaguars were defeated by the Youngstown State Penguins, 82-76.
IUPUI did a terrific job of making free throws (17-21; 81.0 percent) while Green Bay had a much better turnover percentage (13.2 vs. 18.8). Sandy Cohen III put together a solid performance for Green Bay with 18 points and nine rebounds. IUPUI rallied around D.J. McCall, who contributed 14 points and six rebounds.
The Jaguars dominated this series last year, winning both games. In the most recent matchup, IUPUI won 67-61. IUPUI’s rebounding was their largest advantage. The Jaguars had more offensive rebounds (17 vs. 11), defensive rebounds (29 vs. 27) and total rebounds (46 vs. 38). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
IUPUI could struggle to create turnovers. Green Bay ranks 22nd in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 15.7 percent), while IUPUI forces the 184th-most turnovers (19.5 percent).
IUPUI Jaguars vs. Green Bay Phoenix Free Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Green Bay, ATS Winner – IUPUI, O/U – Under
- IUPUI ranks 70th in rebounds allowed per game (33.3) while Green Bay ranks 257th (41.1).
- The Jaguars average 14.4 assists per game, which ranks 93rd in the NCAA. The Phoenix rank 171st in assists allowed per game (14.6).
- Green Bay averages 3.9 blocks per game, which ranks 68th in the nation. IUPUI ranks 130th in blocks allowed per game (4.1).
- The Jaguars rank 112th in three pointers allowed per game (21.9) while the Phoenix rank 228th (25.7).
- Green Bay averages 8.1 steals per game, which ranks 37th in the NCAA. IUPUI ranks 125th in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- The Phoenix have been outscored by an average of 2.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Green Bay has defeated opponents by an average of 2.1 points.
- During their last five games, the Jaguars have scored an average of 74.6 points per game (3.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.8 points per game (3.2 above their season average).