The Holy Cross Crusaders (9-4) will be at Reitz Arena to challenge the Loyola Maryland Greyhounds (4-9) in a Pat matchup. The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 3, 2019.
Holy Cross Crusaders at Loyola Maryland Greyhounds Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Greyhounds lost big to the St. John’s Red Storm, 76-55, while the Crusaders defeated the Sacred Heart Pioneers, 93-81.
The Crusaders had a much better turnover percentage (11.3 vs. 27.1) and had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (40.0 vs. 31.6). Loyola Maryland, on the other hand, had a much better free throw rate (0.500 vs. 0.169). Loyola Maryland’s Andrew Kostecka led the way, recording 17 points and five rebounds. Meanwhile, Holy Cross was led by Austin Butler, who recorded 26 points.
The Crusaders dominated this series last year, taking both games. In the most recent matchup, Holy Cross won 73-57. Holy Cross had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.583 vs. 0.406). Loyola Maryland, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (18.6 vs. 22.0). This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
This has potential to be a mistake-prone game for the offense of Loyola Maryland. Loyola Maryland ranks 222nd in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.7 percent), while the pesky defense of Holy Cross forces the 71st-most turnovers in the NCAA (21.8 percent).
Holy Cross vs. Loyola Maryland Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Loyola Maryland, O/U – Over
- Holy Cross ranks 13th in assists per game (17.8) while Loyola Maryland ranks 183rd in assists allowed per game (15.2).
- The Greyhounds rank 206th in rebounds per game (33.9) while the Crusaders rank 256th (28.8).
- The Crusaders rank 64th in blocks per game (4.0) while the Greyhounds rank 162nd in blocks allowed per game (5.7).
- Holy Cross ranks 39th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while Loyola Maryland ranks 99th (6.4).
- The Crusaders’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.0, up from 1.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Greyhounds have scored an average of 71.2 points per game (2.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 78.4 points per game (2.8 below their season average).