The Georgia State Panthers (13-4, 4-0 SBC) and the South Alabama Jaguars (9-8, 2-2 SBC) battle at Mitchell Center. The Panthers look to lengthen their six-game winning streak. Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 17, 2019.
Georgia State Panthers at South Alabama Jaguars ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Jaguars got blown out by the Little Rock Trojans, 91-62, while the Panthers edged the Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks, 74-73.
The Panthers forced 16 turnovers and held the Warhawks to an effective field goal percentage of 0.456 (below their season average of 0.526). South Alabama, on the other hand, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (30.6 vs. 29.2). South Alabama was lifted by Trhae Mitchell, who contributed 22 points and six rebounds. D’Marcus Simonds, meanwhile was a key piece for Georgia State with 28 points and five rebounds.
This was a highly competitive series last year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. The Panthers won the last game 90-75. Georgia State’s effective field goal percentage was its biggest advantage over South Alabama. The Panthers had a rate of 0.565 while the Jaguars posted a mark of 0.435. This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
This has potential to be a mistake-prone game for the offense of South Alabama. South Alabama ranks 265th in the country in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.4 percent), while the gambling defense of Georgia State forces the 61st-most turnovers in the NCAA (22.2 percent).
Georgia State Panthers at South Alabama Jaguars Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – South Alabama, ATS Winner – South Alabama, O/U – Under
- South Alabama ranks ninth in three pointers allowed per game (17.2) while Georgia State ranks 259th (27.2).
- The Panthers rank 16th in steals per game (8.9) while the Jaguars rank 104th (6.6).
- South Alabama ranks 183rd in rebounds allowed per game (36.7) while Georgia State ranks 236th (39.1).
- The Jaguars average 15.3 assists per game, which ranks 61st in the country. The Panthers rank 187th in assists allowed per game (14.9).
- Georgia State averages 4.7 blocks per game, which ranks 30th in the country. South Alabama ranks 151st in blocks allowed per game (4.5).
- During their last five games, the Jaguars have scored an average of 74.4 points per game (1.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 79.6 points per game (8.7 above their season average).
- The Panthers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 14.2, up from 4.2 for the season.