The Florida Atlantic Owls (11-6, 2-2 CUSA) will be at the Henderson Center to meet the Marshall Thundering Herd (10-6, 3-0 CUSA) in a CUSA matchup. The game gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 17, 2019.
Florida Atlantic Owls vs. Marshall Thundering Herd ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Thundering Herd barely escaped the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers, 70-69, while the Owls were beaten by the Charlotte 49ers, 65-60.
The Thundering Herd knocked down 13 of their 16 free throws (81.3 percent), while the Hilltoppers had a turnover percentage of 22.5 (above their season average of 17.8). Florida Atlantic, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 12.1 (better than their season average of 17.7). Marshall rallied around Taevion Kinsey, who finished with 23 points and seven rebounds. Xavian Stapleton led the way for Florida Atlantic, recording 17 points and five rebounds.
The Thundering Herd won the sole game between these two teams last year, 79-68. Marshall’s 0.515 effective field goal percentage was its largest advantage over Florida Atlantic, who had a mark of 0.390. This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
The offense of Marshall will square off against the elite defense of Florida Atlantic. The Thundering Herd currently rank 176th in offensive efficiency, while the Owls are 74th in defensive efficiency. The Owls figure to have the edge on that side of the ball. Also, the Owls rank 273rd in turnover percentage (20.7 percent), while the Thundering Herd rank 46th in opponents’ turnover percentage (22.6 percent).
Florida Atlantic Owls vs. Marshall Thundering Herd Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Marshall, ATS Winner – Florida Atlantic, O/U – Under
- Florida Atlantic ranks 29th in rebounds per game (40.3) while Marshall ranks 261st (30.3).
- The Thundering Herd rank 26th in blocks per game (4.8) while the Owls rank 124th (2.9).
- The Thundering Herd average 27.8 three pointers per game, which ranks 27th in the country. The Owls rank 173rd in three pointers allowed per game (23.5).
- Marshall ranks 19th in steals per game (8.7) while Florida Atlantic ranks 153rd in steals allowed per game (7.3).
- The Owls have been outscored by an average of 1.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Florida Atlantic has defeated opponents by an average of 3.9 points.
- During their last five games, the Thundering Herd have scored an average of 71.4 points per game (8.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 82.4 points per game (2.3 above their season average).