The Idaho Vandals (3-10, 0-2 BigSky) welcome the Eastern Washington Eagles (3-10, 1-1 BigSky) to Cowan Spectrum at the Kibbie Dome. The Eagles can snap a seven-game road losing streak. Action begins at 10:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 3, 2019.
Eastern Washington Eagles vs. Idaho Vandals ATS Odds
Both teams lost big in their last game. The Vandals fell to the UC Irvine Anteaters, 86-68, while the Eagles were defeated by the 16th-ranked Syracuse Orange, 66-34.
Eastern Washington had a better offensive rebounding percentage (27.5 vs. 37.0) while Idaho had a better turnover percentage (11.6 vs. 12.7). Jared Rodriguez played a key role for Idaho with 18 points and five rebounds. Tyler Kidd had a good game for Eastern Washington, putting up nine points.
The Vandals dominated this series last year, winning both games. In the most recent matchup, Idaho won 66-64. Idaho out-rebounded Eastern Washington. The Vandals had more offensive rebounds (17 vs. 10) and total rebounds (41 vs. 36). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Second-chance opportunities might be few and far between for Idaho in this matchup. The Vandals rank 252nd in offensive rebounding percentage (26.7 percent), while Eastern Washington ranks 63rd in defensive rebounding percentage (74.9 percent). Also, the Eagles rank 40th in turnover percentage (16.4 percent), while the Vandals rank 352nd in opponents’ turnover percentage (14.3 percent).
Eastern Washington Eagles at Idaho Vandals Odds Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Idaho, ATS Winner – Eastern Washington, O/U – Under
- Eastern Washington ranks ninth in three pointers attempted per game (29.0) while Idaho ranks 213th in three pointers allowed per game (25.1).
- The Vandals rank 143rd in rebounds per game (35.9) while the Eagles rank 234th in rebounds allowed per game (39.5).
- Eastern Washington ranks 152nd in assists per game (12.9) while Idaho ranks 179th in assists allowed per game (15.0).
- The Vandals’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 1.6, up from 1.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 61.0 points per game (5.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 78.4 points per game (1.2 above their season average).