The 16th-ranked Buffalo Bulls (16-1, 4-0 MAC) welcome the Eastern Michigan Eagles (8-9, 2-2 MAC) to Alumni Arena. The Bulls will attempt to prolong their five-game winning streak. The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, January 18, 2019, and will air on ESPNU.
Eastern Michigan Eagles at Buffalo Bulls ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Bulls beat the Western Michigan Broncos, 88-79, while the Eagles lost a tough one against the Akron Zips, 51-49.
The Bulls held the Broncos to an offensive rebounding percentage of 18.8 (below their season average of 31.7) and had a much better turnover percentage (15.4 vs. 20.5). Eastern Michigan, meanwhile, held Akron to an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.3 (below their season average of 28.5). Buffalo received a boost from Jeremy Harris, who put up 22 points and 11 rebounds. Meanwhile, Boubacar Toure had a good game for Eastern Michigan, contributing 15 points and 10 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Montell McRae led the Bulls to a 74-58 win. He produced 18 points and seven rebounds. Buffalo’s free throw rate was their biggest strength over Eastern Michigan. The Bulls had a rate of 0.241, while the Eagles posted a mark of 0.143.
The Eagles’ James Thompson IV has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 16 points,13.4 rebounds,1.4 blocks per game. Meanwhile, Harris has averaged 20 points,7.6 rebounds,3.4 assists,1.4 steals during that same time frame for the Bulls.
It will be a matchup of conflicting styles as the fast-paced Bulls will look to push the more half-court-oriented Eagles. The Bulls currently rank 59th in possessions per game while the Eagles are 280th. Moreover, the Eagles rank 310th in turnover percentage (21.8 percent), while the Bulls rank 58th in opponents’ turnover percentage (22.3 percent).
Eastern Michigan Eagles vs. Buffalo Bulls Odds Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Buffalo, ATS Winner – Buffalo, O/U – Under
- Buffalo ranks 18th in three pointers attempted per game (28.2) while Eastern Michigan ranks 237th in three pointers allowed per game (26.2).
- The Bulls rank seventh in steals allowed per game (4.5) while the Eagles rank 157th (7.5).
- Eastern Michigan blocks 4.6 opponent shots per game, which ranks 28th in the nation. Buffalo ranks 111th in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- The Bulls average 17.5 assists per game, which ranks 13th in the NCAA. The Eagles rank 232nd in assists allowed per game (17.6).
- Eastern Michigan ranks 57th in rebounds per game (38.6) while Buffalo ranks 210th in rebounds allowed per game (37.5).
- The Bulls’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 18.8, up from 15.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 69.8 points per game (1.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 71.0 points per game (1.0 above their season average).