Expect a fast-paced game when the Eastern Kentucky Colonels (7-6) visit Austin Peay to play the Governors (8-5). Action gets underway at 9 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 3, 2019.
Eastern Kentucky Colonels vs. Austin Peay Governors Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Governors had no trouble getting past the Oakland City Mighty Oaks, 114-53, while the Colonels got blown out by the Marshall Thundering Herd, 105-77.
Austin Peay dominated nearly every facet of the contest. They had a turnover percentage of 10.7 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 48.5. For those same stats, Oakland City recorded marks of 25.8 and 21.4, respectively. Eastern Kentucky, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (38.3 vs. 38.1). Austin Peay was led by Dayton Gumm, who contributed 11 points and 10 assists. Nick Mayo was a key piece for Eastern Kentucky with 26 points and 15 rebounds.
The Governors won the lone game between these two teams last season, 90-84. One of Austin Peay’s biggest advantages was getting to the charity stripe. They had 25 free throw attempts, while Eastern Kentucky had just 12. This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
The Colonels’ Mayo has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 0 points per game. Meanwhile, Terry Taylor has averaged 0 points during that same time frame for the Governors.
There should be a fair amount of transition action in this showdown that features two of the NCAA’s more up-and-down teams. Austin Peay currently ranks 49th in possessions per game (73.9) and Eastern Kentucky is 59th (83.8).
Eastern Kentucky Colonels vs. Austin Peay Governors ATS Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Austin Peay, ATS Winner – Austin Peay, O/U – Over
- Austin Peay averages 39.3 rebounds per game, which ranks 45th in the nation. Eastern Kentucky ranks 200th in rebounds allowed per game (42.2).
- The Governors rank 141st in assists per game (13.2) while the Colonels rank 184th in assists allowed per game (14.9).
- Eastern Kentucky ranks 77th in blocks per game (3.8) while Austin Peay ranks 101st in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- The Colonels average 11.6 steals per game, which ranks 46th in the nation. The Governors rank 131st in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- Eastern Kentucky ranks 114th in three pointers attempted per game (29.5) while Austin Peay ranks 165th in three pointers allowed per game (23.5).
- During their last five games, the Governors have scored an average of 80.6 points per game (2.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 75.6 points per game (5.1 above their season average).
- The Colonels have been outscored by an average of 0.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Eastern Kentucky has defeated opponents by an average of 3.7 points.