The Detroit Titans (3-9) will be at the Beeghly Physical Education Center to challenge the Youngstown State Penguins (4-9) in a Hor matchup. The game is scheduled to start at 2 p.m. ET on Friday, December 28, 2018.
Detroit Titans vs. Youngstown State Penguins ATS Odds
Both teams fell in their last matchup. The Penguins fell to the Pittsburgh Panthers, 69-53, while the Titans were defeated by the Western Michigan Broncos, 89-76.
Detroit had a much better turnover percentage (9.9 vs. 16.1) while Youngstown State had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (39.6 vs. 34.3). Youngstown State’s Kendale Hampton played well, finishing with 15 points. Meanwhile, Antoine Davis played a key role for Detroit with 32 points.
The Titans dominated this series last year, taking both contests. In the last game, Detroit won 94-84. The Titans’ 9.5 turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Penguins, who had a mark of 17.3. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Davis and Josh McFolley have played well over the last five games for Detroit. Davis has averaged 0 points per game, while McFolley has recorded 0 points a game during that span.
It will be a showdown of conflicting tempos as the fast-paced Penguins (ranked 37th in the NCAA in possessions per game) will look to push the more grind-it-out Titans (254th in possessions per game). The Titans should have an edge in terms of ball protection. They rank 34th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.6 percent). Conversely, the Penguins force the 72nd-fewest turnovers in the country (opponents’ turnover percentage of 17.4 percent).
Detroit vs. Youngstown State Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Youngstown State, ATS Winner – Youngstown State, O/U – Over
- Youngstown State ranks 18th in rebounds per game (41.5) while Detroit ranks 249th in rebounds allowed per game (42.6).
- The Titans rank 25th in steals allowed per game (5.3) while the Penguins rank 66th (6.0).
- Youngstown State ranks 78th in blocks per game (3.5) while Detroit ranks 114th in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- The Penguins rank ninth in three pointers attempted per game (29.6) while the Titans rank 173rd in three pointers allowed per game (24.3).
- Youngstown State ranks 115th in assists per game (13.8) while Detroit ranks 226th in assists allowed per game (19.5).
- During their last five games, the Penguins have scored an average of 76.6 points per game (0.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 80.0 points per game (1.6 below their season average).
- The Titans’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 1.4, down from 9.8 for the season.