The Denver Pioneers (5-9) will be at Baxter Arena to take on the Omaha Mavericks (6-7) in a Summit matchup. Action starts at 8:30 p.m. ET on Friday, December 28, 2018.
Denver Pioneers vs. Omaha Mavericks ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Mavericks lost big to the Minnesota Golden Gophers, 104-76, while the Pioneers were victorious over the Maine Black Bears, 63-50.
Denver dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.151 and a turnover percentage of 13.5. For those same stats, Maine was 0.103 and 19.3, respectively. Omaha, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (15.6 vs. 20.0). Zach Jackson fueled Omaha with 21 points and five steals. Denver, meanwhile, received a boost from Ronnie Harrell Jr., who finished with 18 points and 13 rebounds.
This was a highly contested series last year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the most recent contest, the Pioneers won 94-78. Denver had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (40.0 vs. 21.4). Omaha, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (13.6 vs. 15.4). This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
Jackson has taken his game to another level recently for Omaha, averaging 0 points over the last five games.
Omaha should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. Omaha ranks 22nd in the country at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 15.9 percent), while Denver forces the 51st-fewest turnovers (17.0 percent).
Denver Pioneers vs. Omaha Mavericks Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Omaha, ATS Winner – Denver, O/U – Under
- Omaha averages 23.7 three pointers per game, which ranks 103rd in the NCAA. Denver ranks 216th in three pointers allowed per game (26.2).
- The Mavericks rank 145th in assists per game (13.0) while the Pioneers rank 166th in assists allowed per game (14.5).
- The Pioneers rank 179th in rebounds per game (34.8) while the Mavericks rank 248th (29.7).
- Omaha ranks 49th in steals allowed per game (5.7) while Denver ranks 73rd (6.1).
- During their last five games, the Mavericks have scored an average of 77.4 points per game (1.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 74.6 points per game (2.6 below their season average).
- The Pioneers’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 3.6, down from 8.7 for the season.