The country’s top scoring team will be on the road at Jerry Richardson Indoor Stadium, when the Citadel Bulldogs (9-3, 1-0 SoCon) clash with the Wofford Terriers (10-4, 2-0 SoCon). The game gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 3, 2019.
Citadel Bulldogs vs. Wofford Terriers ATS Odds
Both teams fell in their last outing. The Terriers were beaten by the eighth-ranked North Carolina Tar Heels, 78-67, while the Bulldogs were blown out by the 22nd-ranked Clemson Tigers, 100-80.
Citadel did a terrific job of getting and making free throws (18-25; 72.0 percent) while Wofford had a much better turnover percentage (11.7 vs. 18.6). Wofford’s Cameron Jackson had a solid performance, finishing with 10 points and nine rebounds. Meanwhile, Lew Stallworth was a key piece for Citadel with 15 points and six rebounds.
This was a highly contested series last year, as the teams split their two games last season. In the most recent game, the Bulldogs won 80-78. Citadel out-rebounded Wofford. The Bulldogs had more offensive rebounds (15 vs. six), defensive rebounds (29 vs. 26) and total rebounds (44 vs. 32). This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
The Bulldogs’ Stallworth has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 0 points per game. Meanwhile, Jackson has averaged 0 points during that same time frame for the Terriers.
It might turn into a high-scoring affair as two of the country’s premier offenses battle. Wofford ranks 21st with 118.4 points per 100 possessions and Citadel is third (122.2).
Citadel at Wofford Free Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Wofford, ATS Winner – Citadel, O/U – Under
- Wofford ranks fifth in rebounds allowed per game (28.4) while Citadel ranks 249th (41.1).
- The Terriers average 7.7 steals per game, which ranks 60th in the NCAA. The Bulldogs rank 141st in steals allowed per game (7.1).
- Citadel blocks 4.2 opponent shots per game, which ranks 57th in the NCAA. Wofford ranks 65th in blocks allowed per game (3.2).
- The Terriers rank 34th in three pointers attempted per game (26.5) while the Bulldogs rank 265th in three pointers allowed per game (31.6).
- Wofford ranks 39th in assists allowed per game (10.4) while Citadel ranks 224th (18.0).
- The Terriers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 15.8, down from 18.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 105.0 points per game (5.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 82.8 points per game (0.9 below their season average).