The California Golden Bears (5-7) will be at the Galen Center to square off with the USC Trojans (7-6) in a Pac-12 matchup. The game will air on Pac-12 Network at 10 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 3, 2019.
California Golden Bears vs. USC Trojans ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Trojans dismantled the Robert Morris Colonials, 83-62, while the Golden Bears lost to the Yale Bulldogs, 76-59.
USC played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.281 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.588. Robert Morris was 0.129 and 0.379, respectively, for those same stats. California, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.412 vs. 0.327). Nick Rakocevic played a key role for USC with 18 points and 16 rebounds. Meanwhile, Paris Austin played well for California, finishing with 18 points.
The Trojans dominated this series last year, winning both contests. In the last game, USC won 77-59. USC had a much better turnover percentage (12.7 vs. 24.1). California, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (36.8 vs. 29.7). This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
Kevin Porter Jr. has been excellent recently for USC, averaging 0 points over the last five games.
It will be a matchup of conflicting tempos as the up-tempo Trojans will look to push the slower-paced Golden Bears. The Trojans rank 34th in possessions per game while the Golden Bears are 319th.
California Golden Bears at USC Trojans Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Usc, ATS Winner – USC, O/U – Under
- USC ranks 33rd in assists per game (16.2) while California ranks 209th (11.5).
- The Golden Bears rank 19th in steals allowed per game (4.7) while the Trojans rank 63rd (5.8).
- USC is ninth in the nation with 2.0 blocks allowed per game while California is 20th with 2.2 blocks allowed per game.
- The Trojans rank 85th in rebounds per game (37.8) while the Golden Bears rank 258th (27.5).
- USC ranks 182nd in three pointers attempted per game (21.0) while California ranks 247th (18.4).
- The Trojans’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 11.4, up from 5.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Golden Bears have scored an average of 71.0 points per game (2.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 73.2 points per game (4.7 below their season average).