The Belmont Bruins (12-3, 3-1 OVC) and their great offense travel to Jacksonville State to take on the Gamecocks (12-5, 4-0 OVC) and their superb defense. Action begins at 8:15 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 17, 2019.
Belmont Bruins at Jacksonville State Gamecocks Betting Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Gamecocks won big over the SIUE Cougars 90-54, while the Bruins defeated the Eastern Kentucky Colonels 109-93.
Belmont dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.542 (above their season average of 0.172) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.6 (above their season average of 27.1). Eastern Kentucky had marks of 0.178 and 13.0, respectively, for those same stats. The Gamecocks, meanwhile, had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 38.5 (above their season average of 32.1) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.650 (above their season average of 0.492). Jacksonville State’s Jason Burnell led the way, contributing 17 points and nine rebounds. Dylan Windler fueled Belmont with 23 points and 10 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Burnell led the Gamecocks to an 83-73 win. He registered a double-double with 19 points and 12 rebounds. Jacksonville State’s rebounding was their biggest strength. The Gamecocks had 15 offensive rebounds and 42 total rebounds, while the Bruins had nine and 32, respectively.
This matchup pits one of the country’s top offenses against one of its elite defenses. Belmont ranks 57th in offensive efficiency and Jacksonville State ranks 30th in defensive efficiency.
Belmont vs. Jacksonville State Free Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Jacksonville State, ATS Winner – Belmont, O/U – Over
- Belmont ranks 28th in three pointers attempted per game (27.7) while Jacksonville State ranks 253rd (18.4).
- The Gamecocks average 8.6 steals per game, which ranks 20th in the country. The Bruins rank 116th in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- Jacksonville State ranks 38th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while Belmont ranks 114th (3.7).
- The Gamecocks rank 50th in rebounds per game (38.9) while the Bruins rank 171st in rebounds allowed per game (36.3).
- Belmont ranks fourth in assists per game (19.4) while Jacksonville State ranks 111th (14.1).
- During their last five games, the Bruins have scored an average of 80.0 points per game (6.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 75.2 points per game (0.6 below their season average).
- The Gamecocks’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 18.4, up from 10.3 for the season.