The Philadelphia 76ers (13-7) welcome the Cleveland Cavaliers (2-14) to Wells Fargo Center. The 76ers are 13.5-point favorites and look to extend their 10-game home winning streak, while the Cavaliers try to put an end to their eight-game road losing streak. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 220 points and it will air on Fox Sports – Ohio at 7:30 p.m. ET on Friday, November 23, 2018.
Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Philadelphia 76ers ATS Odds
Although the Cavaliers were defeated by the Los Angeles Lakers in their last contest, 109-105, they were able to cover as 9-point underdogs. The Cavaliers, meanwhile, topped the New Orleans Pelicans,121-120, but failed to cover as 3-point favorites. The Cleveland game finished 8 points under the projected point total of 222, while the Philadelphia game finished 3 points over the projected point total of 238.
Philadelphia’s effective field goal percentage was their largest strength over New Orleans. The 76ers had a rate of 0.500 (below their season average of 0.517), while the Pelicans posted a mark of 0.485 (below their season average of 0.540). Cleveland, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 2.7 (better than their season average of 13.5). Philadelphia rallied around Joel Embiid, who recorded 31 points and 19 rebounds. Meanwhile, Tristan Thompson played a pivotal role for Cleveland with 14 points and 15 rebounds.
This series was highly competitive last year, as the teams split their four games last season. In the last matchup, the 76ers won 132-130. The 76ers’ 9.8 turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Cavaliers, who had a rate of 12.9. This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
Of the Cavaliers’ 16 games, 10 have finished under the total. Cleveland holds records of 2-14 straight up (SU) and 8-8 against the spread (ATS).
Unlike Cleveland, games involving the 76ers have a tendency to go over the projected point total (65.0 percent). Philadelphia has a respectable 13-7 SU record, but they have a hard time covering the spread (8-12 ATS).
Thompson and Collin Sexton have been playing well over the last five games for Cleveland. Thompson has averaged 13 rebounds,12.4 points per game, while Sexton has recorded 19 points a game during that span.
Opposite tempos will be on display in this matchup. Philadelphia has preferred a fast-paced style of play (fourth in possessions per game), while Cleveland has been slower-paced (28th in possessions per game). Moreover, the Cavaliers, who rank fourth in offensive rebounding percentage (26.8 percent), will face off against the 76ers, who rank fourth in defensive rebounding percentage (79.1 percent).
Cleveland Cavaliers at Philadelphia 76ers ATS Pick
NBA Pick: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – Cavaliers, O/U – Over
- The 76ers average 14.7 fast break points per game, which ranks 13 in the NBA. The Cavaliers rank 19 in fast break points allowed per game (14.625).
- Philadelphia ranks fourth in assists per game (26.1) while Cleveland ranks 28th (19.8).
- The 76ers rank 14th in three pointers attempted per game (31.9) while the Cavaliers rank last (23.8).
- Philadelphia ranks 16th in points off turnovers per game (16.8) while Cleveland ranks 28th (14.6).
- Cleveland ranks 19 in steals per game (7.3125) while Philadelphia ranks 26 (6.65).
- The 76ers rank 12th in blocks per game (5.7) while the Cavaliers rank 29th (2.6).
- The Cavaliers average 14.875 second chance points per game, which ranks 8 in the league. The 76ers rank 19 in second chance points allowed per game (13.9).
- Philadelphia ranks 21 in points in the paint per game (45.4) while Cleveland ranks 25 (42.625).
- Philadelphia ranks third in rebounds per game (48.7) while Cleveland ranks 20th (43.9).
- When holding opponents under 100 points, Cleveland is 1-2 and Philadelphia is 3-0.
- When reaching the century mark, the 76ers are 13-5 and the Cavaliers are 2-8.
- Cleveland is 5-3 ATS on the road, while Philadelphia is 5-5 ATS at home.
- Of the Cavaliers’ 8 road games, they have 5 unders and 3 overs.
- Of the 76ers’ 10 home games, they have 7 overs and 3 unders.
- The Cavaliers are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the 76ers are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Cleveland has 4 unders and 1 over, while Philadelphia has 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Cavaliers’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 3.2, down from 8.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the 76ers have scored an average of 116.2 points per game (2.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 114.2 points per game (0.9 above their season average).