The Chicago Bulls (4-10), 12-point underdogs, will travel to TD Garden to challenge the Boston Celtics (7-6). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 211 points and it will air on NBC Sports Chicago at 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 14, 2018.
Chicago Bulls vs. Boston Celtics Betting Odds
Both teams failed to cover as underdogs in their last matchup. The Celtics (2-point underdogs) were defeated by the Portland Trail Blazers, 100-94, while the Bulls (2.5-point underdogs) fell to the Dallas Mavericks, 103-98. The Boston game went 20 points under the projected point total of 214, while the Chicago game finished 14.5 points under the projected point total of 215.5.
Chicago forced Dallas into a turnover percentage of 16.3 (above the 11.4 mark opponents have averaged against Chicago this season) while Boston forced Portland into a turnover percentage of 18.9 (above their season average of 11.8). Boston was led by Jayson Tatum, who contributed 27 points and eight rebounds. Zach LaVine was a key piece for Chicago with 26 points, five rebounds and five assists.
The Celtics edged out the Bulls in this series last year, emerging victorious in three out of four contests. In the most recent matchup, Boston won 111-104. Boston was lights out from beyond the arc (14-34; 41.2 percent). Chicago, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.116 vs. 0.086). This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
Oddsmakers have a tendency to set the total high when the Bulls are playing, as 64.3 percent of their games have finished under the total. Chicago has a solid record against the spread (8-6), despite being 4-10 straight up (SU).
Games involving the Celtics also have finished under the total 53.8 percent of the time. Additionally, Boston owns records of 7-6 SU and 4-9 ATS.
Wendell Carter Jr. has taken his game to another level recently for Chicago, averaging 13.6 points, 10.0 rebounds and 2.6 blocks over the last five games.
Boston could put on a ball-control clinic in this contest. Boston ranks third in the league at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 12.7 percent), while Chicago forces the ninth-fewest turnovers (13.1 percent). Additionally, the 28th-ranked offense of the Bulls (offensive efficiency of 102.3) will face a difficult test against the top-ranked defense of the Celtics (defensive efficiency of 100.6).
Chicago Bulls vs. Boston Celtics Odds Pick
NBA Prediction: SU Winner – Celtics, ATS Winner – Celtics, O/U – Under
- The Celtics rank 24th in second chance points per game (11.2) while the Bulls rank 27th (9.6).
- Boston ranks first in blocks allowed per game (3.4) while Chicago ranks 26th (6.9).
- The Celtics rank 10th in rebounds per game (46.2) while the Bulls rank 27th in rebounds allowed per game (49.3).
- Boston ranks first in points off turnovers allowed per game (13.3) while Chicago ranks 17th (17.5).
- Boston ranks fourth in fast break points allowed per game (10.8) while Chicago ranks 11th (12.6).
- The Celtics average 37.6 three pointers per game, which ranks third in the NBA. The Bulls rank 24th in three pointers allowed per game (34.2).
- The Bulls rank 16th in points in the paint per game (46.0) while the Celtics rank 27th (36.8).
- Boston ranks 15th in assists per game (23.6) while Chicago ranks 18th in assists allowed per game (23.9).
- Boston ranks first in steals allowed per game (6.2) while Chicago ranks 19th (7.9).
- When allowing under 100 points, Boston is 3-1 and Chicago is 2-1.
- The Bulls are 2-7 when they score over 100 points, while the Celtics are 7-4.
- Boston is 2-2 ATS at home, while Chicago is 3-3 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 2 of the Celtics’ 4 home games, while 3 of the Bulls’ 6 road games have gone over.
- The Bulls are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Celtics are 0-5.
- In their last five games, Chicago has 4 unders and 1 over, while Boston has 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Bulls’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 4.0, down from 6.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Celtics have scored an average of 106.6 points per game (1.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 109.8 points per game (6.3 above their season average).