The Pittsburgh Panthers (8-3) welcome the New Orleans Privateers (5-4) to Petersen Events Center. The Panthers will try to prolong their six-game winning streak. The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 20, 2018, and will air on ACC Network.
New Orleans Privateers at Pittsburgh Panthers Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Panthers were victorious over the Youngstown State Penguins 69-53, while the Privateers won big over the Spring Hill Badgers 95-66.
New Orleans dominated every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.318 and a turnover percentage of 18.4. For those same stats, Spring Hill had marks of 0.140 and 31.8, respectively. The Panthers, on the other hand, had a much better free throw rate (0.236 vs. 0.134) and had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.509 vs. 0.328). Pittsburgh was led by Xavier Johnson, who had 16 points, six assists and five rebounds. Ezekiel Charles, meanwhile led the way for New Orleans, finishing with 17 points and six rebounds.
Johnson has been impressive recently for Pittsburgh, averaging 0 points over the last five games.
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Pittsburgh should have a considerable advantage. Dating back to the 2017-18 season, the Panthers defense ranks 21st in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.484), while the New Orleans offense ranks 244th in effective field goal percentage (0.500). Ball security could be troublesome for the Privateers. They rank 305th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 21.8 percent), while the Panthers have forced the 20th-most turnovers in the nation (opponents’ turnover percentage of 18.0 percent).
New Orleans Privateers at Pittsburgh Panthers Free Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Pittsburgh, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- New Orleans ranks 29th in three pointers allowed per game (19.0) while Pittsburgh ranks 180th (22.5).
- The Privateers rank 47th in assists per game (15.6) while the Panthers rank 112th (12.8).
- Pittsburgh averages 33.3 rebounds per game, which ranks 61st in the country. New Orleans ranks 77th in rebounds allowed per game (33.4).
- The Privateers average 3.8 blocks per game, which ranks 70th in the NCAA. The Panthers rank 162nd in blocks allowed per game (4.5).
- New Orleans ranks 37th in steals per game (8.0) while Pittsburgh ranks 109th in steals allowed per game (6.7).