The Ball State Cardinals (0-1) travel to Oklahoma to take on the Sooners (1-0) in what should be a fast-paced game. Oklahoma opened as a 14.5-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 158.5 points. Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 15, 2017.
Ball State Cardinals vs. Oklahoma Sooners Odds Preview
The Cardinals lost a close one to the Dayton Flyers in their last matchup, 78-77. Tahjai Teague put together a good game for Ball State, leading the team in scoring with 14 points on 6-for-10 shooting. Dayton did an excellent job of making free throws (18-23; 78.3 percent). Ball State, on the other hand, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.530 vs. 0.517).
In the Sooners last matchup, they thoroughly outplayed the Omaha Mavericks, 108-89. Oklahoma received a boost from Trae Young, who was the teams leading scorer with 15 points on 4-for-13 shooting. Oklahoma played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.314 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3. For those same stats, Omaha was 0.178 and 20.5, respectively.
There could be plenty of transition action in this meeting that features a pair of the NCAAs more up-tempo teams. Oklahoma ranks 52nd in possessions per game (72.5) and Ball State is 36th (73.1) since last season.
The Cardinals have had records of 21-13 straight up (SU) and 15-15-1 against the spread (ATS) since last season. Vegas has had a tendency to place the total low when Ball State is involved since last season as 71.0 percent of their games have gone over the projected point total.
The Sooners, on the other hand, are 12-20 SU and 16-14 ATS since last season. Vegas has been fairly accurate when predicting totals of Oklahoma games over that same period with 15 overs compared to 14 unders.
Ball State Cardinals at Oklahoma Sooners Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Oklahoma, ATS Winner – Ball State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Sooners rank 86th in steals per game (6.8) while the Cardinals rank 245th in steals allowed per game (7.2).
- Ball State ranks 121st in blocks allowed per game (3.3) while Oklahoma ranks 249th (4.4).
- Ball State ranks 51st in assists per game (15.5) while Oklahoma ranks 289th (10.9).
- The Cardinals rank 41st in three pointers attempted per game (24.8) while the Sooners rank 264th (18.3).
- Ball State ranks 79th in rebounds per game (37.6) while Oklahoma ranks 246th in rebounds allowed per game (37.1).