It will be a battle between two tremendous defenses when the Eastern Michigan Eagles (10-6, 0-3 MAC) take on the Ball State Cardinals (9-7, 2-1 MAC) at Convocation Center. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 14, 2020.
Ball State Cardinals at Eastern Michigan Eagles Betting Odds
Both teams lost in their last outing. The Eagles lost a tough one against the Northern Illinois Huskies, 71-68, while the Cardinals were beaten by the Akron Zips, 75-60.
Ball State had a better turnover percentage (18.2 vs. 18.8) while Eastern Michigan had a better turnover percentage (16.0 vs. 17.3). Eastern Michigan’s Boubacar Toure led the way, contributing 14 points and 11 rebounds. Meanwhile, Tahjai Teague played a pivotal role for Ball State with 19 points and 12 rebounds.
The Eagles captured this series last year, winning two out of three games. In the most recent contest, Ball State won 61-43. Ball State’s free throw rate was their biggest strength over Eastern Michigan. The Cardinals had a rate of 0.286, while the Eagles posted a mark of 0.157. This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
The inefficient offense of Eastern Michigan will face off against the stingy defense of Ball State. The Eagles rank 282nd in offensive efficiency, while the Cardinals are 37th in defensive efficiency. The Cardinals should have the advantage on that side of the ball.
Ball State vs. Eastern Michigan Odds Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Eastern Michigan, ATS Winner – Eastern Michigan, O/U – Under
- Ball State ranks 24th in three pointers attempted per game (27.4) while Eastern Michigan ranks 226th in three pointers allowed per game (24.6).
- The Eagles are 48th in the country with 2.8 blocks allowed per game while the Cardinals are 52nd with 2.9 blocks allowed per game.
- The Cardinals rank 83rd in assists per game (14.4) while the Eagles rank 225th (11.1).
- Ball State ranks 33rd in steals allowed per game (5.4) while Eastern Michigan ranks 156th (7.5).
- The Eagles have been outscored by an average of 2.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Eastern Michigan has defeated opponents by an average of 3.8 points.
- During their last five games, the Cardinals have scored an average of 68.0 points per game (3.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 63.4 points per game (1.2 above their season average).