The Ball State Cardinals (11-7, 4-1 MAC) will be at McGuirk Arena to clash against the Central Michigan Chippewas (10-8, 3-2 MAC) in a MAC matchup. Action gets underway at 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 25, 2020.
Ball State Cardinals vs. Central Michigan Chippewas Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Chippewas were blown out by the Buffalo Bulls, 86-67, while the Cardinals beat the Miami (OH) RedHawks, 71-62.
Ball State dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.320 (above their season average of 0.179) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 26.7 (below their season average of 27.4). For those same stats, Miami (OH) was 0.059 and 14.3, respectively. Central Michigan, meanwhile, did an excellent job of making free throws (12-16; 75.0 percent). David DiLeo played well for Central Michigan with 17 points and nine rebounds. Meanwhile, Tahjai Teague led the way for Ball State, putting up 14 points.
This series was highly competitive last year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the last contest, the Chippewas won 64-57. Central Michigan had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (38.1 vs. 19.4). Ball State, meanwhile, did a fantastic job of making free throws (10-13; 76.9 percent). This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
It will be a matchup of conflicting styles as the up-tempo Chippewas (ranked ninth in the country in possessions per game) will look to push the more half-court-oriented Cardinals (238th in possessions per game). Also, the Cardinals, who rank 312th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.186), will go head-to-head against the Chippewas, who rank 17th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.156).
Ball State Cardinals at Central Michigan Chippewas Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Ball State, ATS Winner – Ball State, O/U – Under
- Ball State ranks 21st in three pointers attempted per game (27.7) while Central Michigan ranks 258th in three pointers allowed per game (25.7).
- The Cardinals rank 144th in rebounds per game (36.1) while the Chippewas rank 207th in rebounds allowed per game (37.2).
- Central Michigan ranks 14th in steals per game (9.3) while Ball State ranks 74th (7.4).
- The Cardinals rank 35th in assists allowed per game (10.4) while the Chippewas rank 217th (14.9).
- Ball State ranks 42nd in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while Central Michigan ranks 109th (3.6).
- The Cardinals’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.0, down from 9.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Chippewas have scored an average of 75.0 points per game (7.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.2 points per game (0.3 below their season average).