MAC foes will clash when the Central Michigan Chippewas (16-13, 5-11 MAC) square off against the Ball State Cardinals (19-10, 10-6 MAC) at McGuirk Arena. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 147.5 points with neither team favored. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 27, 2018.
Ball State Cardinals vs. Central Michigan Chippewas ATS Preview
The last time the Cardinals played, they fell to the Western Michigan Broncos, 87-80. Ball State’s Trey Moses finished with 15 points and 14 rebounds in the game. Western Michigan had a free throw rate of 0.362 (above their season average of 0.247). Ball State, meanwhile, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.598 (above their season average of 0.521).
The Chippewas are hoping for a better outcome after their 89-76 loss to the Toledo Rockets in their last contest. Cecil Williams was Central Michigan’s leading scorer with 25 points on 9-for-15 shooting. Toledo had an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.6 (above their season average of 26.7). Central Michigan, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (15.3 vs. 16.9).
Ball State could struggle to create turnovers. Central Michigan ranks 65th in the NCAA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 17.0 percent), while Ball State forces the 79th-fewest turnovers (17.3 percent).
Of Ball State’s 23 games with betting action, 12 have finished under the projected point total, while 14 of Central Michigan’s 24 games have finished over the O/U total. The Cardinals have the better straight up (SU) record (19-10 vs. 16-13), but the Chippewas hold the substantial advantage against the spread (ATS) (14-9-1 vs. 10-13).
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the Cardinals, it’s been Tahjai Teague, who has averaged 16.2 points, 10.8 rebounds and 1.6 steals, while the Chippewas have gotten great contributions from Kevin McKay (18.2 points, 10.4 rebounds and 1.4 steals).
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to put up 158 points, which was over the projected point total of 147.5. The Cardinals won 82-76, but were unable to cover as 7-point favorites. Ball State’s effective field goal percentage was its biggest advantage over Central Michigan. The Cardinals had a rate of 0.586 while the Chippewas posted a mark of 0.431. In the loss, Luke Meyer had a double-double with 26 points and 14 rebounds.
Ball State Cardinals at Central Michigan Chippewas ATS Prediction
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Ball State, ATS Winner – Ball State, O/U – Over
- The Chippewas average 3.5 blocks per game, which ranks 101st in the nation. The Cardinals rank 134th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- Ball State averages 14.7 assists per game, which ranks 96th in the nation. Central Michigan ranks 121st in assists allowed per game (13.1).
- Ball State is 6-6 ATS on the road with 6 overs and 6 unders.
- At home, Central Michigan is 5-4-1 ATS with 6 unders and 4 overs.
- Central Michigan ranks 12th in three pointers attempted per game (28.2) while Ball State ranks 170th in three pointers allowed per game (22.4).
- The Chippewas average 36.7 rebounds per game, which ranks 95th in the nation. The Cardinals rank 190th in rebounds allowed per game (35.8).
- Central Michigan ranks 115th in steals per game (6.3) while Ball State ranks 183rd in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- Central Michigan is 2-3 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Ball State is 3-2 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Chippewas have been outscored by an average of 3.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Central Michigan has defeated opponents by an average of 5.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Cardinals have scored an average of 86.6 points per game (10.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 74.2 points per game (0.2 above their season average).