The Bucknell Bison (1-4) will be at home in Sojka Pavilion when they square off against the Ball State Cardinals (1-3). Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 22, 2017.
Ball State Cardinals at Bucknell Bison Odds Preview
The Cardinals were blown out by the Oregon Ducks in their last matchup, 95-71. Ball States Tayler Persons had a good performance, leading the team in scoring with 14 points on 5-for-13 shooting. Oregon held the Cardinals to an offensive rebounding percentage of 19.5 (below their season average of 26.2). Ball State, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (22-29; 75.9 percent).
In the Bisons last game, they blew out the Siena Saints, 115-92. With 25 points on 3-for-6 shooting, Zach Thomas was the games high scorer. Bucknell played a nearly perfect game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.722 (above their season average of 0.147) and a turnover percentage of 13.0 (better than their season average of 14.9). For those same stats, Siena was 0.299 and 17.5, respectively.
The high-powered offense of Bucknell will clash against the mid-tier defense of Ball State. Dating back to last season, the Bison rank 81st in offensive efficiency, while the Cardinals are 217th in defensive efficiency. The Bison figure to have the edge on that side of the ball.
Ball State Cardinals at Bucknell Bison Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Bucknell, ATS Winner – Bucknell, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bison average 14.9 assists per game, which ranks 79th in the nation. The Cardinals rank 127th in assists allowed per game (12.8).
- Bucknell averages 3.8 blocks per game, which ranks 105th in the nation. Ball State ranks 150th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- Bucknell ranks 19th in three pointers allowed per game (17.7) while Ball State ranks 221st (22.3).
- The Bison average 7.0 steals per game, which ranks 75th in the nation. The Cardinals rank 253rd in steals allowed per game (7.2).
- Ball State ranks 96th in rebounds per game (37.3) while Bucknell ranks 267th (33.5).