The Bakersfield Roadrunners (11-15, 5-6 WAC) will be at the UCCU Events Center to take on the Utah Valley Wolverines (9-17, 3-8 WAC) in a WAC matchup. Action gets underway at 9 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 20, 2020.
Bakersfield Roadrunners at Utah Valley Wolverines ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last outing. The Wolverines lost a tough one against the New Mexico State Aggies, 84-82, while the Roadrunners lost to the Kansas City Roos, 59-53.
Bakersfield held Kansas City to an offensive rebounding percentage of 8.7 (below their season average of 25.9) while Utah Valley had a better turnover percentage (13.1 vs. 16.4). Utah Valley rallied around Isaiah White, who finished with 21 points. Greg Lee, meanwhile played a key role for Bakersfield with 13 points and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Taze Moore led the Roadrunners to a 58-57 win. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 15 points. Bakersfield had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (35.4 vs. 22.0). Utah Valley, on the other hand, had a much better free throw rate (0.283 vs. 0.162).
Second-chance opportunities could be hard to find for Utah Valley in this contest. The Wolverines rank 289th in offensive rebounding percentage (24.8 percent), while Bakersfield ranks 55th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.2 percent).
Bakersfield Roadrunners at Utah Valley Wolverines Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Utah Valley, ATS Winner – Utah Valley, O/U – Under
- Bakersfield ranks 15th in rebounds allowed per game (30.4) while Utah Valley ranks 197th (36.2).
- The Roadrunners rank 20th in steals allowed per game (5.0) while the Wolverines rank 69th (5.8).
- The Wolverines rank 141st in three pointers attempted per game (22.0) while the Roadrunners rank 296th (15.8).
- Utah Valley ranks 13th in blocks per game (5.3) while Bakersfield ranks 118th (3.2).
- The Wolverines’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.4, up from 1.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Roadrunners have scored an average of 60.4 points per game (6.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 63.6 points per game (2.0 below their season average).