The Bakersfield Roadrunners (1-0) will travel to W.S. Hanner Fieldhouse to meet the Georgia Southern Eagles (1-0) in their home opener. Tip-off is set for 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday, November 13, 2017.
Bakersfield Roadrunners at Georgia Southern Eagles Free Preview
The Roadrunners won big over the Whittier Poets in their last contest, 88-66. Jarkel Joiner was the game’s leading scorer with 23 points on 9-for-15 shooting. Bakersfield dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.304 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 51.2. Whittier was 0.016 and 27.8, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Eagles’ last game, they topped the Wake Forest Demon Deacons, 85-83. Georgia Southern received a boost from Montae Glenn, who finished with 14 points and 13 rebounds. The Eagles had a much better turnover percentage (14.2 vs. 20.0) and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.560 vs. 0.524).
Based on historical performance heading into this one, ball security could play a significant role in this battle. Since last season, Georgia Southern has committed the 50th-fewest miscues in the nation (turnover percentage of 16.8 percent), while the pesky defense of Bakersfield has forced the seventh-most (opponents’ turnover percentage of 24.0 percent). Furthermore, the Roadrunners have been among the nation’s elite on the offensive backboards, ranking 32nd in offensive rebounding percentage (34.6 percent). The Eagles, meanwhile, rank 321st at securing defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 66.5 percent.
Bakersfield Roadrunners at Georgia Southern Eagles ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Georgia Southern, ATS Winner – Georgia Southern, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Eagles rank 23rd in steals allowed per game (4.8) while the Roadrunners rank 138th (6.1).
- Bakersfield ranks 77th in blocks per game (4.0) while Georgia Southern ranks 117th in blocks allowed per game (3.2).
- Bakersfield ranks 36th in rebounds per game (38.8) while Georgia Southern ranks 308th in rebounds allowed per game (39.6).
- The Eagles rank 26th in three pointers attempted per game (25.4) while the Roadrunners rank 235th (18.9).
- Bakersfield ranks 97th in assists per game (14.5) while Georgia Southern ranks 303rd (10.2).