The Bakersfield Roadrunners (7-10, 1-1 WAC) will be at the Swinney Recreation Center to square off against the Kansas City Roos (9-9, 2-2 WAC) in a WAC matchup. The game starts at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 16, 2020.
Bakersfield Roadrunners vs. Kansas City Roos Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last matchup. The Roos lost a tough one against the New Mexico State Aggies, 74-71, while the Roadrunners fell to the California Baptist Lancers, 83-75.
Bakersfield had a turnover percentage of 8.4 (better than their season average of 17.5) while Kansas City forced New Mexico State into a turnover percentage of 25.3 (above their season average of 18.1). Kansas City’s Marvin Nesbitt Jr. played well, contributing 13 points and seven rebounds. Bakersfield, meanwhile, received a boost from Taze Moore, who finished with 23 points and seven rebounds.
This series was highly contested last year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the most recent contest, the Roos won 75-67. Making free throws was one of Kansas City’s largest advantages. They were 20-23 (87.0 percent), while the Roadrunners were 12-15 (80.0 percent). This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
It might be a tough game for Kansas City on the offensive glass. The Roos are among the nation’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking 279th in offensive rebounding percentage at 24.9 percent. Meanwhile, Bakersfield ranks 30th in the nation at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 76.6 percent.
Bakersfield at Kansas City ATS Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Kansas City, ATS Winner – Kansas City, O/U – Under
- Bakersfield ranks 60th in rebounds per game (38.6) while Kansas City ranks 265th (31.8).
- The Roos rank 28th in three pointers allowed per game (18.2) while the Roadrunners rank 109th (21.1).
- The Roadrunners rank 44th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Roos rank 147th (4.7).
- Kansas City ranks 40th in steals per game (8.3) while Bakersfield ranks 125th (6.6).
- The Roos have been outscored by an average of 0.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Kansas City has defeated opponents by an average of 1.4 points.
- During their last five games, the Roadrunners have scored an average of 69.6 points per game (2.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.0 points per game (2.1 below their season average).