Expect a fast-paced game when the Austin Peay Governors (11-5, 3-0 OVC) visit UT Martin to play the Skyhawks (5-9, 0-3 OVC). The game gets underway at 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 12, 2019.
Austin Peay Governors vs. UT Martin Skyhawks ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Skyhawks were blown out by the Murray State Racers, 98-77, while the Governors dismantled the Southeast Missouri State Redhawks, 78-60.
Austin Peay dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a superb effective field goal percentage of 0.593 (above their season average of 0.539) and a turnover percentage of 18.2 (worse than their season average of 16.0). Southeast Missouri State was 0.435 and 22.4, respectively, for those same stats. UT Martin, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 44.7 (above their season average of 31.1). UT Martin received a boost from Quintin Dove, who contributed 27 points and nine rebounds. Terry Taylor had a good game for Austin Peay, finishing with 17 points and seven rebounds.
The Governors dominated this series last year, taking both games. In the last contest, Austin Peay won 59-57. Getting to the free throw line was one of Austin Peay’s biggest advantages. They made 32 trips to the line, while UT Martin went 21 times. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
There should be a fair amount of transition offense in this battle that showcases a pair of the country’s more fast-paced teams. UT Martin ranks 39th in possessions per game (74.4) and Austin Peay is 56th (73.5). Furthermore, the Governors’ 51st-ranked offense (offensive efficiency of 113.0) will try to take advantage of the Skyhawks’ 333rd-ranked defense (defensive efficiency of 111.8).
Austin Peay Governors at UT Martin Skyhawks Odds Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Austin Peay, ATS Winner – Austin Peay, O/U – Over
- Austin Peay averages 38.6 rebounds per game, which ranks 58th in the NCAA. UT Martin ranks 232nd in rebounds allowed per game (38.6).
- The Skyhawks average 8.2 steals per game, which ranks 30th in the country. The Governors rank 106th in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- The Governors rank 94th in assists allowed per game (12.6) while the Skyhawks rank 227th (17.1).
- UT Martin ranks 60th in three pointers attempted per game (25.6) while Austin Peay ranks 155th in three pointers allowed per game (23.3).
- During their last five games, the Governors have scored an average of 78.4 points per game (4.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.8 points per game (1.1 below their season average).
- The Skyhawks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 17.0, up from 4.6 for the season.