The Murray State Racers (21-8, 14-3 OVC) welcome the Austin Peay Governors (20-10, 14-3 OVC) to CFSB Center as the regular season wraps up. Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
Austin Peay Governors at Murray State Racers Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious over their last opponent. The Racers defeated the Eastern Kentucky Colonels 74-62, while the Governors beat the Morehead State Eagles 67-58.
Austin Peay dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.111 (matching their season average) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 39.0 (above their season average of 33.6). Morehead State had marks of 0.034 and 21.6, respectively, for those same stats. The Racers, on the other hand, had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.367 (above their season average of 0.281) and held the Colonels to an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.5 (below their season average of 26.3). KJ Williams played well for Murray State with 20 points and 14 rebounds. Austin Peay, meanwhile, was lifted by Terry Taylor, who finished with 20 points and 12 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Taylor led the Governors to a 71-68 win. He recorded a double-double with 16 points and 14 rebounds. The Governors’ turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Racers. Austin Peay had a rate of 11.3, while Murray State posted a mark of 18.5.
The upper-echelon offense of Murray State (33rd in the NCAA with an effective field goal percentage 0.535) will face off against the bottom-tier defense of Austin Peay (326th in effective field goal percentage allowed 0.532). The Racers should have the edge on that end of the court. Also, the Governors are among the country’s best on the offensive backboards, ranking 31st in offensive rebounding percentage (33.8 percent). The Racers, meanwhile, rank 21st at grabbing defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 76.9 percent.
Austin Peay Governors vs. Murray State Racers Pick
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Murray State, ATS Winner – Murray State, O/U – Under
- Murray State ranks 33rd in assists allowed per game (10.6) while Austin Peay ranks 191st (13.5).
- The Racers are 24th in the NCAA with 31.2 rebounds allowed per game while the Governors are 60th with 32.7 rebounds allowed per game.
- The Governors rank 18th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while the Racers rank 144th (3.7).
- Austin Peay ranks 217th in three pointers attempted per game (19.9) while Murray State ranks 272nd (17.9).
- During their last five games, the Racers have scored an average of 69.2 points per game (6.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 62.2 points per game (2.4 below their season average).
- The Governors’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.0, up from 5.8 for the season.