The Austin Peay Governors (11-7, 5-0 OVC) and the UT Martin Skyhawks (5-11, 1-4 OVC) clash at Skyhawk Arena. The Governors will attempt to lengthen their five-game winning streak. The game starts at 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 18, 2020.
Austin Peay Governors vs. UT Martin Skyhawks ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Skyhawks got blown out by the Murray State Racers, 84-62, while the Governors easily got past the Southeast Missouri State Redhawks, 84-59.
Austin Peay dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an absurd effective field goal percentage of 0.667 (above their season average of 0.512) and a free throw rate of 0.222 (below their season average of 0.262). For those same stats, Southeast Missouri State was 0.481 and 0.173, respectively. UT Martin, meanwhile, did a terrific job of making free throws (19-23; 82.6 percent). Derek Hawthorne, Jr. put together a solid performance for UT Martin with 15 points and seven rebounds. Austin Peay, meanwhile, was led by Terry Taylor, who put up 24 points and nine rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Taylor led the Governors to an 82-63 victory. He registered a double-double with 32 points and 12 rebounds. The Governors’ turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Skyhawks. Austin Peay had a rate of 15.9, while UT Martin posted a mark of 23.5.
The prolific offense of UT Martin (62nd in the nation with an offensive efficiency of 108.5) will clash against the mid-tier defense of Austin Peay (280th in the NCAA with a defensive efficiency of 103.3). The Skyhawks should have the edge on that end of the court. Furthermore, the Governors rank 38th in offensive rebounding percentage (34.1 percent), while the Skyhawks rank 348th in defensive rebounding percentage (63.6 percent).
Austin Peay Governors vs. UT Martin Skyhawks Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Austin Peay, ATS Winner – UT Martin, O/U – Over
- Austin Peay ranks 52nd in three pointers allowed per game (19.1) while UT Martin ranks 237th (25.4).
- The Governors rank 196th in rebounds per game (34.4) while the Skyhawks rank 225th (33.5).
- The Governors rank 113th in assists per game (13.6) while the Skyhawks rank 252nd in assists allowed per game (17.8).
- Austin Peay ranks 20th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while UT Martin ranks 85th (3.3).
- During their last five games, the Skyhawks have scored an average of 73.2 points per game (2.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 82.8 points per game (0.1 below their season average).
- The Governors’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 15.2, up from 4.3 for the season.