The Austin Peay Governors (18-9, 12-2 OVC) will be at the Sam M. Vadalabene Center to meet the SIUE Cougars (7-20, 4-10 OVC) in an OVC matchup. Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 20, 2020.
Austin Peay Governors at SIUE Cougars ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Cougars fell to the Southeast Missouri State Redhawks, 75-71, while the Governors beat the Eastern Kentucky Colonels, 93-85.
The Governors, who came into the game averaging an offensive rebounding percentage of 32.9, had a fantastic mark of 50.0 and had a turnover percentage of 11.9 (better than their season average of 15.7). SIUE, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.7 (above their season average of 26.8). SIUE’s Zeke Moore had a solid performance, contributing 16 points. Meanwhile, Austin Peay was led by Terry Taylor, who put up 19 points and 13 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Taylor led the Governors to an 82-58 win. He produced 11 points, nine rebounds and nine assists. Austin Peay was effective at getting and making free throws. The Governors made 23 of their 28 free throws (82.1 percent), while the Cougars were just 8-15 (53.3 percent).
It could be a mistake-prone game for the SIUE offense. SIUE ranks 241st in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.9 percent), while the disruptive defense of Austin Peay forces the 38th-most turnovers in the NCAA (22.5 percent). Also, the Governors rank 19th in offensive efficiency (111.4), while the Cougars rank 305th in defensive efficiency (105.4).
Austin Peay at SIUE ATS Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Austin Peay, ATS Winner – SIUE, O/U – Over
- Austin Peay ranks 41st in three pointers allowed per game (18.9) while SIUE ranks 197th (22.9).
- The Governors rank 148th in rebounds per game (35.5) while the Cougars rank 175th in rebounds allowed per game (35.6).
- Austin Peay averages 7.0 steals per game, which ranks 89th in the NCAA. SIUE ranks 94th in steals allowed per game (6.1).
- The Governors rank 133rd in assists per game (13.2) while the Cougars rank 256th in assists allowed per game (15.3).
- Austin Peay ranks 32nd in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while SIUE ranks 78th (3.0).
- The Governors’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.0, down from 5.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Cougars have scored an average of 66.8 points per game (0.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 71.2 points per game (2.1 below their season average).