The Austin Peay Governors (9-7, 3-0 OVC) will be at Pete Mathews Coliseum to take on the Jacksonville State Gamecocks (7-9, 2-1 OVC) in an OVC matchup. The game starts at 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 11, 2020.
Austin Peay Governors at Jacksonville State Gamecocks Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Gamecocks fell to the Murray State Racers, 72-68, while the Governors were victorious over the Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles, 75-62.
Austin Peay played a flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (below their season average of 34.2) and a turnover percentage of 20.7 (worse than their season average of 16.8). Tennessee Tech was 26.5 and 25.4, respectively, for those same stats. Jacksonville State, meanwhile, held Murray State to an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.3 (below their season average of 32.7). Jacksonville State’s De’Torrion Ware had a solid performance, recording 15 points and seven rebounds. Meanwhile, Austin Peay received a boost from Terry Taylor, who finished with 27 points and 12 rebounds.
The Governors won the only game between these two teams last season, 74-71. Austin Peay did a terrific job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (21-25; 84.0 percent). Jacksonville State, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (37.5 vs. 15.4). This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
It might be an error-filled game for the Jacksonville State offense. Jacksonville State ranks 262nd in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.8 percent), while the pesky defense of Austin Peay forces the 39th-most turnovers in the country (23.7 percent). Additionally, the Governors rank 39th in offensive rebounding percentage (34.2 percent), while the Gamecocks rank 58th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.4 percent).
Austin Peay at Jacksonville State Odds Pick
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Austin Peay, ATS Winner – Austin Peay, O/U – Over
- Jacksonville State ranks 84th in assists per game (14.4) while Austin Peay ranks 183rd in assists allowed per game (14.2).
- The Governors rank 81st in steals per game (7.4) while the Gamecocks rank 127th in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- The Governors rank 30th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while the Gamecocks rank 101st (3.5).
- Austin Peay ranks 49th in three pointers allowed per game (19.2) while Jacksonville State ranks 103rd (21.2).
- The Governors’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.6, up from 3.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Gamecocks have scored an average of 79.4 points per game (5.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 69.2 points per game (0.0 above their season average).