The Temple Owls (1-0) and the Auburn Tigers (2-0) face off in the Charleston Classic at TD Arena. Tip-off is set for 11 a.m. ET on Friday, November 17, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN2.
Auburn Tigers vs. Temple Owls ATS Preview
The Tigers had no trouble getting past the Indiana State Sycamores in their last matchup, 83-64. With 14 points and 12 rebounds, Auburns DeSean Murray had a good outing. Auburn played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 16.2 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.8. For those same stats, Indiana State was 23.3 and 23.3, respectively.
In the Owls last matchup, they beat the Old Dominion Monarchs, 76-65. Temple was lifted by Shizz Alston Jr. who was the top scorer from either team with 23 points on 7-for-13 shooting. Temple played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.370 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.519. For those same stats, Old Dominion was 0.161 and 0.444, respectively.
It will be a matchup of conflicting tempos as the up-tempo Tigers will look to push the slower-paced Owls. Since the 2016-17 season, the Tigers rank 12th in possessions per game while the Owls are 248th.
Auburn Tigers vs. Temple Owls Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Temple, ATS Winner – Temple, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Tigers rank 46th in steals per game (7.4) while the Owls rank 128th (6.5).
- Temple ranks 102nd in assists per game (14.5) while Auburn ranks 181st in assists allowed per game (13.6).
- Temple ranks 37th in three pointers attempted per game (25.0) while Auburn ranks 281st in three pointers allowed per game (24.1).
- The Tigers average 5.3 blocks per game, which ranks 16th in the nation. The Owls rank 221st in blocks allowed per game (4.1).
- Auburn averages 37.0 rebounds per game, which ranks 98th in the NCAA. Temple ranks 264th in rebounds allowed per game (37.8).