The 22nd-ranked Auburn Tigers (2-0) will travel to the Mitchell Center to take on the South Alabama Jaguars (2-0). The Jaguars opened as 9-point underdogs. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 146.5 points and action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 12, 2019.
Auburn Tigers vs. South Alabama Jaguars Betting Odds
Both teams beat their last opponent. The Jaguars defeated the Southern Miss Golden Eagles 75-69, while the Tigers beat the Davidson Wildcats 76-66.
Auburn played a flawless game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.540 and a free throw rate of 0.440. For those same stats, Davidson was 0.418 and 0.364, respectively. Meanwhile, South Alabama’s 0.407 free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Southern Miss, who had a rate of 0.115. Josh Ajayi was a key piece for South Alabama with 30 points and seven rebounds. Anfernee McLemore had a good outing for Auburn, recording 12 points and five rebounds.
Looking at effective field goal percentage, South Alabama should have a substantial advantage. Dating back to last season, the Jaguars offense ranks 65th in that metric at 0.535, while the Auburn defense ranks 213th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.509).
Auburn Tigers vs. South Alabama Jaguars ATS Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Auburn, ATS Winner – South Alabama, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Auburn averages 4.7 blocks per game, which ranks 24th in the NCAA. South Alabama ranks 235th in blocks allowed per game (4.4).
- The Tigers average 14.2 assists per game, which ranks 97th in the NCAA. The Jaguars rank 186th in assists allowed per game (13.5).
- Auburn ranks 216th in rebounds per game (34.5) while South Alabama ranks 286th (32.3).
- The Tigers rank sixth in three pointers attempted per game (29.8) while the Jaguars rank 165th (22.3).
- Auburn ranks eighth in steals per game (9.0) while South Alabama ranks 149th (6.2).