The No. 22 Auburn Tigers (15-1, 3-0 SEC) travel to Humphrey Coliseum to take on the Mississippi State Bulldogs (13-3, 1-2 SEC). The Tigers look to continue their 13-game winning streak. Action begins at 3:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 13, 2018, and it can be seen on SEC Network.
Auburn Tigers at Mississippi State Bulldogs ATS Preview
The last time the Tigers played, they defeated the Ole Miss Rebels, 85-70. With 13 points and nine rebounds, Anfernee McLemore had a solid game for Auburn. Auburn played a nearly perfect game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.518 (above their season average of 0.293) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.500 (below their season average of 0.536). For those same stats, Ole Miss was 0.277 and 0.400, respectively.
The Bulldogs are trying to rebound after their 71-54 loss to the Florida Gators in their last game. With 12 points and 10 rebounds, Abdul Ado had a good outing for Mississippi State. Florida’s 0.207 free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Mississippi State, who had a rate of 0.091. The Gators mark was below their season average of 0.268, while the Bulldogs was below their season average of 0.225.
The offensive glass could be a major advantage for Mississippi State in this showdown. The Bulldogs rank 60th in offensive rebounding percentage (33.9 percent), while Auburn ranks 161st in defensive rebounding percentage (71.8 percent). Additionally, the 22nd-ranked offense of the Tigers (offensive efficiency of 117.6) will go head-to-head against the 14th-ranked defense of the Bulldogs (defensive efficiency of 91.4).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Tigers won the lone game last season, 98-92. The Tigers dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.7 and a turnover percentage of 13.2. The Bulldogs recorded marks of 19.4 and 14.9, respectively, for those same stats.
Auburn Tigers at Mississippi State Bulldogs Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Auburn, ATS Winner – Auburn, O/U – Over
- The Bulldogs rank 34th in assists allowed per game (11.3) while the Tigers rank 83rd (12.6).
- Mississippi State averages 5.8 blocks per game, which ranks 15th in the NCAA. Auburn ranks 50th in blocks allowed per game (2.9).
- Auburn ranks 46th in three pointers attempted per game (25.8) while Mississippi State ranks 207th in three pointers allowed per game (24.4).
- The Tigers rank seventh in rebounds per game (41.6) while the Bulldogs rank 118th in rebounds allowed per game (34.6).
- Mississippi State ranks 45th in steals allowed per game (5.5) while Auburn ranks 110th (6.6).
- The Bulldogs average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.8, down from 11.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Tigers have scored an average of 90.8 points per game (3.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 74.4 points per game (1.5 above their season average).