The No. 5 Auburn Tigers (29-9, 15-7 SEC) square off against the No. 2 Kentucky Wildcats (30-6, 16-4 SEC) in the Elite Eight at Sprint Center. The Tigers opened as a 4-point underdog. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 142 points and action starts at 2:20 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 31, 2019.
Auburn Tigers vs. Kentucky Wildcats ATS Odds
Both teams covered in the Sweet 16. The Wildcats (2-point favorites) defeated the No. 3 Houston Cougars 62-58, while the Tigers (5.5-point underdog) beat the No. 1 North Carolina Tar Heels 97-80. The Kentucky game went 16 points under the projected point total of 136, while the Auburn game went 13.5 points over the projected point total of 163.5.
The Tigers, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.543, had an absurd mark of 0.674 and had a turnover percentage of 13.0 (better than their season average of 14.7). The Wildcats, on the other hand, made 14 of their 19 free throws (73.7 percent) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 42.3 (above their season average of 36.9). Tyler Herro was a key piece for Kentucky with 19 points. Chuma Okeke played well for Auburn, contributing 20 points and 11 rebounds.
Just over half of the Tigers’ games have finished over the total. Auburn holds records of 29-9 straight up (SU) and 19-14-4 against the spread (ATS).
Games involving the Wildcats have typically gone under the total (66.7 percent). Additionally, Kentucky owns records of 30-6 SU and 19-16-1 ATS.
It might turn into a shootout as two of the nation’s premier offenses battle. Kentucky currently ranks 15th with 114.4 points per 100 possessions and Auburn is 11th (115.3).
Auburn Tigers vs. Kentucky Wildcats Free Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Kentucky, ATS Winner – Kentucky, O/U – Over
- Auburn ranks fourth in three pointers attempted per game (30.3) while Kentucky ranks 319th (16.3).
- The Wildcats average 4.8 blocks per game, which ranks 19th in the country. The Tigers rank 148th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- Kentucky ranks 38th in assists allowed per game (11.1) while Auburn ranks 93rd (12.2).
- The Wildcats rank 35th in rebounds per game (38.4) while the Tigers rank 219th (34.2).
- Auburn ranks third in steals per game (9.4) while Kentucky ranks 170th (6.0).
- The Wildcats are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Tigers are 3-1-1.
- In their last five games, Kentucky has 4 unders and 1 over, while Auburn has 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Wildcats’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 11.8, up from 11.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Tigers have scored an average of 82.6 points per game (4.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 71.6 points per game (4.5 above their season average).