The Indiana State Sycamores (1-0) and the Auburn Tigers (1-0) go head-to-head in the Charleston Classic at TD Arena. Action gets underway at 11:30 a.m. ET on Thursday, November 16, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
Auburn Tigers vs. Indiana State Sycamores ATS Preview
In the Tigers last contest, they won big over the Norfolk State Spartans, 102-74. Bryce Brown was the games leading scorer with 31 points on 12-for-16 shooting. Auburn played a perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 31.0 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.619. Norfolk State put up marks of 21.4 and 0.443, respectively, for those same stats.
The Sycamores hope to keep it rolling after blowing out the Indiana Hoosiers in their last outing, 90-69. Indiana States Jordan Barnes led the way, putting up 18 points. Indiana State made 17 of their 26 three pointers (65.4 percent), while Indiana was 4-18 (22.2 percent).
The aggressive Auburn offense could be living from the charity stripe in this showdown. Dating back to last season, the Tigers rank 48th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.288, while Indiana State has been among the NCAAs most foul-prone squads (giving up a 321st-ranked FTA rate of 0.298).
Auburn Tigers vs. Indiana State Sycamores ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Auburn, ATS Winner – Auburn, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Tigers rank 50th in steals per game (7.4) while the Sycamores rank 111th (6.7).
- Indiana State averages 13.5 assists per game, which ranks 168th in the NCAA. Auburn ranks 193rd in assists allowed per game (13.7).
- Indiana State ranks 28th in three pointers allowed per game (18.1) while Auburn ranks 279th (24.2).
- The Tigers rank 18th in blocks per game (5.2) while the Sycamores rank 231st in blocks allowed per game (4.1).
- Auburn averages 36.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 107th in the NCAA. Indiana State ranks 311th in rebounds allowed per game (40.4).