SEC foes will collide when the Florida Gators (17-11, 8-7 SEC) clash against the No. 12 Auburn Tigers (24-4, 12-3 SEC) at Stephen C. O’Connell Center. Florida is a 1-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 155.5 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 8:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 24, 2018, and it can be seen on SEC Network.
Auburn Tigers at Florida Gators Free Preview
The last time the Tigers played, they had no trouble getting past the Alabama Crimson Tide, 90-71. With 16 points and 10 rebounds, Chuma Okeke put together a solid game for Auburn. Auburn dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.2 (better than their season average of 14.5) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 32.6 (below their season average of 34.2). For those same stats, Alabama recorded marks of 21.6 and 18.2, respectively.
The Gators are hoping for a better outcome after their 62-57 loss to the No. 19 Tennessee Volunteers in their last outing. With 11 points, nine assists and six rebounds, Chris Chiozza put together a good game for Florida. Tennessee did a great job of converting from the free throw line (13-15; 86.7 percent). Florida, on the other hand, held the Volunteers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 19.4 (below their season average of 33.6).
Ball security could play an integral role in this showdown. Florida commits the sixth-fewest miscues in the nation (turnover percentage of 14.6 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Auburn forces the 51st-most (opponents turnover percentage of 21.4 percent).
Of Auburn’s 25 games with betting action, 13 have finished over the O/U total, while 14 of Florida’s 25 games have finished under the projected point total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Tigers have a sizable advantage. They are 24-4 SU and 18-7 ATS, while the Gators are 17-11 SU and 12-14-1 ATS.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Gators won the sole game played against each other last season, 114-95. Florida was successful at getting and making free throws. The Gators made 37 of their 42 free throws (88.1 percent), while the Tigers were just 27-39 (69.2 percent).
Auburn Tigers at Florida Gators Betting Prediction
Free Pick: SU Winner – Florida, ATS Winner – Florida, O/U – Under
- The Tigers average 5.8 blocks per game, which ranks eighth in the NCAA. The Gators rank 85th in blocks allowed per game (3.2).
- Auburn is 9-4 ATS on the road with 7 unders and 6 overs.
- Florida is 5-8-1 ATS at home with 6 overs and 6 unders.
- Auburn averages 38.4 rebounds per game, which ranks 46th in the nation. Florida ranks 227th in rebounds allowed per game (36.7).
- The Gators rank 41st in three pointers allowed per game (19.4) while the Tigers rank 178th (22.8).
- Florida ranks eighth in steals allowed per game (4.6) while Auburn ranks 116th (6.3).
- Florida is 1-3-1 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Auburn is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Gators average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.4, down from 6.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Tigers have scored an average of 79.8 points per game (5.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.6 points per game (0.0 above their season average).