The eighth-ranked Auburn Tigers (4-0) battle against the top-ranked Duke Blue Devils (4-0) in the Maui Invitational at Lahaina Civic Center. The game starts at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 20, 2018, and will air on ESPN.
Auburn Tigers vs. Duke Blue Devils ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Blue Devils had no trouble getting past the San Diego State Aztecs 90-64, while the Tigers were victorious over the Xavier Musketeers 88-79.
The Tigers forced 22 turnovers and held the Musketeers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.475 (below their season average of 0.545). Duke, on the other hand, dominated nearly every stat category in their game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.9 (below their season average of 39.3) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.596 (above their season average of 0.570). For those same stats, San Diego State was 21.6 and 0.415, respectively. R.J. Barrett had a good performance for Duke with 20 points and five assists. Jared Harper had a solid performance for Auburn, putting up 25 points, eight assists and six rebounds.
This battle figures to be a shootout as a pair of the NCAA’s premier offenses square off. Duke ranks third with 120.7 points per 100 possessions and Auburn is 31st (113.9) dating back to last season. Also, the Tigers rank 39th in turnover percentage (16.5 percent), while the Blue Devils rank 260th in opponents’ turnover percentage (17.6 percent).
Auburn Tigers vs. Duke Blue Devils Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Duke, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Auburn averages 27.5 three pointers per game, which ranks 17th in the nation. Duke ranks 234th in three pointers allowed per game (23.4).
- The Blue Devils rank 15th in blocks per game (5.2) while the Tigers rank 128th in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- Duke ranks 28th in steals per game (7.7) while Auburn ranks 129th in steals allowed per game (6.0).
- The Blue Devils average 41.7 rebounds per game, which ranks fifth in the NCAA. The Tigers rank 171st in rebounds allowed per game (35.1).
- Auburn ranks 105th in assists per game (14.5) while Duke ranks 240th in assists allowed per game (14.5).