The No. 14 Auburn Tigers (24-5, 12-4 SEC) will travel to Bud Walton Arena to square off against the Arkansas Razorbacks (20-9, 9-7 SEC) in their home finale. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 161.5 points with Arkansas set as a 2-point favorite. Action gets underway at 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 27, 2018, and it can be seen on SEC Network.
Auburn Tigers at Arkansas Razorbacks ATS Preview
In the Tigers’ last contest, they lost to the Florida Gators, 72-66. Mustapha Heron had a solid game for Auburn, leading the team in scoring with 22 points on 8-for-11 shooting. Florida forced the Tigers into a turnover percentage of 20.9 (above their season average of 14.4). Auburn, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (36.4 vs. 25.6).
The Razorbacks hope to keep it rolling after edging the Alabama Crimson Tide in their last outing, 76-73. With 17 points on 5-for-12 shooting, Daryl Macon was the top scorer from either team. The Razorbacks had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 40.6 (above their season average of 29.2), while the Crimson Tide had a turnover percentage of 22.8 (above their season average of 17.8).
It might turn into a high-scoring affair as two of the NCAA’s premier offenses go head-to-head. Arkansas ranks 37th with 113.6 points per 100 possessions and Auburn is 19th (116.1). Additionally, the Tigers, who rank 36th in offensive rebounding percentage (34.2 percent), will attempt to take advantage of the Razorbacks, who rank 288th in defensive rebounding percentage (68.7 percent).
Of Auburn’s 26 games with betting action, 13 have finished over the O/U total, while 15 of Arkansas’ 29 games have finished over the projected point total. The Tigers hold a substantial advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 24-5 SU and 18-8 ATS, while the Razorbacks are 20-9 SU and 15-14 ATS.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to put up 165 points, just under the projected point total of 168. The Tigers won 88-77, covering as 4-point favorites. The Tigers dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.293 and a ridiculous effective field goal percentage of 0.612. For those same stats, the Razorbacks recorded marks of 0.210 and 0.516, respectively. DeSean Murray was a standout player in the game, putting up 15 points and eight rebounds.
Auburn Tigers vs. Arkansas Razorbacks Betting Prediction
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Auburn, ATS Winner – Auburn, O/U – Under
- The Razorbacks rank 22nd in steals allowed per game (5.0) while the Tigers rank 136th (6.3).
- Auburn ranks 90th in assists per game (14.8) while Arkansas ranks 155th in assists allowed per game (13.7).
- On the road, Auburn is 9-5 ATS with 8 unders and 6 overs.
- Arkansas is 9-7 ATS at home with 10 overs and 6 unders.
- Auburn ranks 34th in three pointers attempted per game (26.2) while Arkansas ranks 235th in three pointers allowed per game (23.9).
- The Tigers rank 47th in rebounds per game (38.4) while the Razorbacks rank 199th in rebounds allowed per game (36.0).
- Auburn averages 5.7 blocks per game, which ranks eighth in the NCAA. Arkansas ranks 148th in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- Arkansas is 4-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Auburn is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Razorbacks’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.2, up from 6.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Tigers have scored an average of 77.0 points per game (7.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.8 points per game (1.8 below their season average).