It figures to be a high-scoring affair as the 15th-ranked Auburn Tigers (24-4, 11-4 SEC) travel to eighth-ranked Kentucky to take on the Wildcats (23-5, 13-2 SEC). The game gets underway at 3:45 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
Auburn Tigers vs. Kentucky Wildcats Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious over their last opponent. The Wildcats defeated the Texas A&M Aggies 69-60, while the Tigers beat the Ole Miss Rebels 67-58.
The Tigers held the Rebels to an effective field goal percentage of 0.387 (below their season average of 0.491). The Rebels also had a turnover percentage of 21.7 (above their season average of 17.0). The Wildcats, meanwhile, held the Aggies to an offensive rebounding percentage of 19.4 (below their season average of 31.5) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.641 (above their season average of 0.504). Kentucky was lifted by Immanuel Quickley, who finished with 30 points and five rebounds. Austin Wiley, meanwhile was a key piece for Auburn with 15 points and 11 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Samir Doughty led the Tigers to a 75-66 win. He scored a game-high 23 points. Auburn won the rebounding battle. The Tigers had 17 offensive rebounds and 42 total rebounds, while the Wildcats had six and 28, respectively.
This battle figures to be a high-scoring affair as two of the nation’s best offenses square off. Kentucky ranks 57th with 108.4 points per 100 possessions and Auburn is 43rd (109.7).
Auburn Tigers vs. Kentucky Wildcats Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Kentucky, ATS Winner – Auburn, O/U – Over
- Auburn ranks 39th in three pointers attempted per game (26.0) while Kentucky ranks 309th (15.0).
- The Wildcats average 37.2 rebounds per game, which ranks 84th in the nation. The Tigers rank 165th in rebounds allowed per game (35.5).
- Kentucky ranks 34th in assists allowed per game (10.6) while Auburn ranks 56th (11.2).
- The Wildcats rank 25th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while the Tigers rank 146th (6.6).
- Kentucky averages 5.3 blocks per game, which ranks 12th in the nation. Auburn ranks 98th in blocks allowed per game (3.2).
- During their last five games, the Wildcats have scored an average of 71.6 points per game (3.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 64.2 points per game (1.2 below their season average).
- The Tigers have been outscored by an average of 0.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Auburn has defeated opponents by an average of 8.0 points.