The San Antonio Spurs (10-6) will be at home in AT&T Center when they challenge the Atlanta Hawks (3-13). The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 203.5 points with San Antonio set as a 9.5-point favorite. Action starts at 8:30 p.m. ET on Monday, November 20, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Southeast.
Atlanta Hawks at San Antonio Spurs ATS Preview
The Hawks lost to the Boston Celtics in their last contest, 110-99. With 23 points on 9-for-18 shooting, Dennis Schroder led Atlanta in scoring. Boston held the Hawks to an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.8 (below their season average of 20.9). Atlanta, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (13.0 vs. 15.0).
In the Spurs last matchup, they defeated the Oklahoma City Thunder, 104-101. San Antonio was lifted by LaMarcus Aldridge, who was the games high scorer with 26 points on 8-for-14 shooting. San Antonio played a nearly flawless game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.286 (above their season average of 0.184) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.532 (above their season average of 0.503). For those same stats, Oklahoma City had marks of 0.157 and 0.489, respectively.
Expect San Antonio to dominate the offensive glass in this battle. The Spurs rank fifth in offensive rebounding percentage (25.7 percent), while Atlanta ranks 29th in defensive rebounding percentage (74.1 percent). Also, the Hawks 22nd-ranked offense (offensive efficiency of 103.1) will clash against the Spurs fifth-ranked defense (defensive efficiency of 102.2).
Of Atlantas 16 games, eight have finished over the projected point total, while 9 of San Antonios 16 games have finished under the O/U total. The Spurs come into this game with a significant advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 10-6 SU and 8-7-1 ATS, while the Hawks are 3-13 SU and 7-8-1 ATS.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after splitting two games last season. In the last matchup, the Spurs won 107-99. The Spurs offensive rebounding percentage was their largest strength over the Hawks. San Antonio had a rate of 18.9, while Atlanta posted a mark of 14.0.
Atlanta Hawks at San Antonio Spurs Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Spurs, ATS Winner – Hawks, O/U – Under
- The Spurs average 22.9 assists per game, which ranks ninth in the NBA. The Hawks rank 28th in assists allowed per game (25.1).
- Atlanta ranks eighth in points off turnovers per game (18.7) while San Antonio ranks 11th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.9).
- San Antonio ranks fifth in rebounds allowed per game (41.7) while Atlanta ranks 22nd (45.5).
- On the road, Atlanta is 4-5-1 ATS with 6 unders and 4 overs.
- At home, San Antonio is 7-2 ATS with 5 overs and 4 unders.
- When allowing less than 100 points, San Antonio is 6-3 and Atlanta is 1-1.
- In games where they reach the century mark, the Spurs are 8-0 and the Hawks are 3-8.
- The Hawks rank third in steals per game (9.1) while the Spurs rank 17th (7.6).
- San Antonio ranks third in three pointers allowed per game (25.4) while Atlanta ranks 28th (32.9).
- The Spurs rank second in blocks per game (6.2) while the Hawks rank 23rd (3.9).
- San Antonio ranks first in second chance points allowed per game (9.3) while Atlanta ranks 21st (13.3).
- San Antonio is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Atlanta is 3-2 ATS with 2 overs, 2 unders and 1 push.
- The Spurs’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.8, up from 2.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hawks have scored an average of 105.6 points per game (1.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 104.0 points per game (4.5 below their season average).