The Atlanta Hawks (3-5), 8.5-point underdogs, will travel to Moda Center at the Rose Quarter to square off against the Portland Trail Blazers (3-6). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 227.5 points and it will air on Fox Sports – Southeast at 9 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 10, 2019.
Atlanta Hawks at Portland Trail Blazers ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last contest. The Hawks (2.5-point underdogs) were defeated by the Sacramento Kings, 121-109, while the Trail Blazers (3.5-point favorites) fell to the Brooklyn Nets, 119-115. The Atlanta game went 4 points over the projected point total of 226, while the Portland game went 6.5 points under the projected point total of 240.5.
Atlanta had a better turnover percentage (11.4 vs. 14.0) while Portland did a great job of getting and making free throws (24-25; 96.0 percent). Portland received a boost from Damian Lillard, who had 60 points and five assists. Trae Young played a pivotal role for Atlanta with 30 points, 12 assists and five steals.
The Trail Blazers dominated this series last year, securing victories in both games. In the last matchup, Portland won 118-98. The Trail Blazers’ offensive rebounding percentage was their largest strength over the Hawks. Portland had a rate of 23.3, while Atlanta posted a mark of 15.1.
Vegas is known to place the total high when the Hawks are involved, as 87.5 percent of their contests have ended under the total. Atlanta holds records of 3-5 straight up (SU) and 4-4 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Trail Blazers’ nine games, four have finished over the total. Additionally, Portland is 3-6 SU and 4-4-1 ATS.
The productive offense of Portland will clash against the bottom-tier defense of Atlanta. Dating back to the 2018-19 season, the Trail Blazers rank third in offensive efficiency, while the Hawks are 25th in defensive efficiency. The Trail Blazers should have the edge on that side of the ball.
Atlanta Hawks vs. Portland Trail Blazers ATS Pick
Free NBA Pick: SU Winner – Trail Blazers, ATS Winner – Hawks, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- The Trail Blazers rank 15th in fast break points allowed per game (13.8) while the Hawks rank 25th (16.0).
- Portland ranks fourth in three pointers allowed per game (30.0) while Atlanta ranks 25th (34.4).
- The Trail Blazers average 14.8 second chance points per game, which ranks fourth in the league. The Hawks rank 23rd in second chance points allowed per game (14.5).
- Portland ranks 12th in steals allowed per game (7.4) while Atlanta ranks last (9.8).
- Atlanta ranks fifth in points in the paint per game (51.3) while Portland ranks 18th (48.1).
- The Trail Blazers rank seventh in assists allowed per game (23.4) while the Hawks rank 27th (26.4).
- The Trail Blazers rank 12th in blocks per game (5.1) while the Hawks rank 25th in blocks allowed per game (5.7).
- Portland ranks fourth in rebounds per game (47.4) while Atlanta ranks 14th in rebounds allowed per game (45.8).
- Portland ranks sixth in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.3) while Atlanta ranks 25th (20.9).
- Portland is 20-2 when they allow under 100 points, while Atlanta is 4-2.
- The Hawks are 31-45 when they reach the century mark, while the Trail Blazers are 61-34.