The Atlanta Hawks (1-6), who are currently riding a six-game losing streak, will try to get back in the win column when they visit Wells Fargo Center to go head-to-head with the Philadelphia 76ers (3-4). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 210 points with Philadelphia opening as an 8.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 1, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Southeast.
Atlanta Hawks vs. Philadelphia 76ers Free Preview
The Hawks were beaten by the Milwaukee Bucks, 117-106, in their last matchup. Dennis Schroder had a solid performance for Atlanta, leading the team in scoring with 21 points on 8-for-16 shooting. Milwaukee held the Hawks to an offensive rebounding percentage of 7.3 (below their season average of 21.1). Atlanta, meanwhile, did a fantastic job of getting and making free throws (21-26; 80.8 percent).
The 76ers come in on a high note after beating the Houston Rockets, 115-107, in their last outing. Philadelphia’s Joel Embiid played a key role with 22 points, nine rebounds and five assists. The 76ers had an absurd effective field goal percentage of 0.613 (above their season average of 0.506) and had a better offensive rebounding percentage (21.9 vs. 19.6).
The inefficient offense of Philadelphia will go head-to-head against the stingy defense of Atlanta. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the 76ers rank 30th in offensive efficiency, while the Hawks are fourth in defensive efficiency. The Hawks should have the advantage on that end of the court.
Atlanta games have gone under 71.4 percent of the time, while 57.1 percent of games featuring Philadelphia have gone over. The 76ers come into this game with much better straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 3-4 SU and 5-2 ATS, while the Hawks are 1-6 SU and 2-4-1 ATS.
The Hawks won all four games against the 76ers last season. In the most recent game, the Hawks won 104-72. The Hawks dominated every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.2 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.6. For those same stats, the 76ers were 18.8 and 8.9, respectively.
Atlanta Hawks vs. Philadelphia 76ers Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – Hawks, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Hawks rank third in points allowed in the paint per game (39.8) while the 76ers rank 19th (44.8).
- Atlanta ranks 15th in fast break points allowed per game (13.2) while Philadelphia ranks 28th (14.7).
- Philadelphia averages 5.0 blocks per game, which ranks ninth in the league. Atlanta ranks 24th in blocks allowed per game (5.3).
- Atlanta ranks 11th in second chance points per game (13.3) while Philadelphia ranks 21st in second chance points allowed per game (13.4).
- Atlanta is 26-7 when they allow under 100 points, while Philadelphia is 13-3.
- When scoring over 100 points, the 76ers are 24-28 and the Hawks are 40-16.
- The Hawks rank 12th in rebounds per game (44.1) while the 76ers rank 27th in rebounds allowed per game (44.9).
- Philadelphia averages 8.5 steals per game, which ranks second in the league. Atlanta ranks 29th in steals allowed per game (8.9).
- The 76ers rank seventh in three pointers allowed per game (25.8) while the Hawks rank 29th (30.4).
- The 76ers rank sixth in assists per game (23.8) while the Hawks rank 19th in assists allowed per game (23.3).
- Atlanta ranks 12th in points off turnovers per game (16.3) while Philadelphia ranks 29th in points off turnovers allowed per game (18.4).