Southeast Division foes will clash when the Orlando Magic (10-15) challenge the Atlanta Hawks (5-18) at Amway Center. Orlando is a 6-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 217.5 points. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 6, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox SportsNet Florida.
Atlanta Hawks at Orlando Magic Odds Preview
The Hawks got blown out by the Brooklyn Nets in their last game, 110-90. Dennis Schroder put together a good performance for Atlanta, leading both teams in scoring with 19 points on 9-for-17 shooting. Brooklyn had an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.3 (above their season average of 22.1). Atlanta, on the other hand, did an excellent job of getting and making free throws (21-27; 77.8 percent).
In the Magic’s last game, they were blown out by the Charlotte Hornets, 104-94. With 10 points, eight rebounds and five assists, Orlando’s Nikola Vucevic had a solid game. Charlotte did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (33-40; 82.5 percent). Orlando, meanwhile, held the Hornets to an effective field goal percentage of 0.423 (below their season average of 0.499).
Orlando should have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. The Magic rank eighth in effective field goal percentage (0.532), while Atlanta ranks 27th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.544).
Of Atlanta’s 23 games, 11 have finished over the O/U total, while 13 of Orlando’s 25 games have finished over the O/U total. The Magic have the substantial advantage straight up (SU) (10-15 vs. 5-18), but both teams have similar against the spread (ATS) records. Orlando is 11-13-1, while Atlanta is 10-12-1 ATS.
Aaron Gordon has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Orlando, averaging 22.2 points, 8.2 rebounds, 1.8 steals and 1.8 blocks per game.
This is the first time these teams will battle this year. Each won two of the four games played against each other last season. In the most recent contest, the Magic won 105-86. The Magic played a nearly perfect game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.284 and a turnover percentage of 12.4. The Hawks were 0.165 and 15.0, respectively, for those same stats.
Atlanta Hawks vs. Orlando Magic Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Magic, ATS Winner – Hawks, O/U – Under
- The Hawks average 19.0 points off turnovers per game, which ranks sixth in the NBA. The Magic rank 21st in points off turnovers allowed per game (18.0).
- Orlando averages 5.1 blocks per game, which ranks 10th in the NBA. Atlanta ranks 20th in blocks allowed per game (5.1).
- Atlanta ranks 16th in second chance points per game (12.3) while Orlando ranks 28th in second chance points allowed per game (14.0).
- Atlanta ranks 23rd in rebounds allowed per game (45.0) while Orlando ranks 28th (46.6).
- Orlando is 4-6 ATS at home, while Atlanta is 5-6-1 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 5 of the Magic’s 10 home games, while 8 of the Hawks 12 road games have gone under.
- Orlando is 5-1 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Atlanta is 1-2.
- In games where they reach the century mark, the Hawks are 5-10 and the Magic are 10-9.
- The Hawks rank 18th in points allowed in the paint per game (44.1) while the Magic rank 29th (49.9).
- Orlando ranks fourth in assists per game (23.8) while Atlanta ranks 28th in assists allowed per game (26.3).
- The Magic rank eighth in three pointers allowed per game (26.4) while the Hawks rank last (33.3).
- The Magic average 11.3 fast break points per game, which ranks 13th in the NBA. The Hawks rank 21st in fast break points allowed per game (11.8).
- Atlanta averages 9.1 steals per game, which ranks fourth in the league. Orlando ranks 19th in steals allowed per game (8.3).
- Orlando is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Atlanta is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Magic’s average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.0, up from 3.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hawks have scored an average of 102.4 points per game (0.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 109.8 points per game (1.2 above their season average).