The Atlanta Hawks (1-8), who are currently riding an eight-game losing streak, will try to get back in the win column when they visit Quicken Loans Arena to meet the Cleveland Cavaliers (4-5). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 219.5 points with Cleveland set as a 13-point favorite. Action starts at at 3 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 5, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Ohio.
Atlanta Hawks vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Free Preview
The Hawks lost to the Houston Rockets, 119-104, in their last matchup. Kent Bazemore put together a solid game for Atlanta, leading the team in scoring with 18 points on 6-for-14 shooting. Houston’s 0.200 offensive rebounding percentage was their largest advantage over Atlanta, who had a rate of 0.125. The Rockets’ mark was below their season average of 20.4, while the Hawks’ was below their season average of 19.9.
The Cavaliers come in on a high note after beating the Washington Wizards, 130-122, in their last matchup. With 57 points on 23-for-34 shooting, LeBron James was the game’s leading scorer. Cleveland played a nearly perfect game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.317 (above their season average of 0.222) and a turnover percentage of 12.9 (better than their season average of 14.8). Washington was 0.250 and 14.1, respectively, for those same stats.
The productive offense of Cleveland will clash against the mid-tier defense of Atlanta. Since the 2016-17 season, the Cavaliers rank second in offensive efficiency, while the Hawks are 17th in defensive efficiency. The Cavaliers figure to have the advantage on that end of the court.
Atlanta games have gone under 55.6 percent of the time, while games involving Cleveland have gone over 55.6 percent of the time. The Cavaliers have the sizable advantage straight up (SU) (4-5 vs. 1-8), but both teams have similar against the spread (ATS) records. Cleveland is 2-7, while Atlanta is 2-6-1 ATS.
The Hawks won three out of four meetings against the Cavaliers last season. In the last game, the Hawks won 110-106. Atlanta’s effective field goal percentage was their largest advantage over Cleveland. The Hawks had a rate of 0.574, while the Cavaliers posted a mark of 0.429.
Atlanta Hawks at Cleveland Cavaliers ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Cavaliers, ATS Winner – Hawks, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Cavaliers rank 13th in fast break points per game (12.3) while the Hawks rank 28th (11.7).
- Cleveland is 28th in the league with 40.5 points in the paint per game while Atlanta is 29th with 42.8 points in the paint per game.
- Cleveland ranks 12th in assists per game (22.4) while Atlanta ranks 27th in assists allowed per game (23.5).
- Cleveland is 23-3 when they allow below 100 points, while Atlanta is 26-7.
- The Hawks are 40-18 when they reach 100 points, while the Cavaliers are 65-21.
- The Cavaliers rank 15th in rebounds allowed per game (43.4) while the Hawks rank 29th (44.2).
- Cleveland averages 33.6 three pointers per game, which ranks third in the league. Atlanta ranks 29th in three pointers allowed per game (30.6).
- The Hawks rank second in steals per game (8.1) while the Cavaliers rank 27th (6.7).
- Atlanta ranks fourth in points off turnovers per game (16.4) while Cleveland ranks 25th (15.0).