The Atlanta Hawks (20-45) will attempt to end a five-game road losing streak when they clash with the Indiana Pacers (37-28) at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. Indiana opened as an 8-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 210 points. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, March 9, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Southeast.
Atlanta Hawks at Indiana Pacers Free Preview
The Hawks lost to the Toronto Raptors in their last game, 106-90. Atlanta’s Dewayne Dedmon had a solid game, putting up 12 points and 10 rebounds. Toronto forced the Hawks into a turnover percentage of 19.0 (above their season average of 13.7). Atlanta, meanwhile, held the Raptors to an effective field goal percentage of 0.443 (below their season average of 0.538).
In the Pacers’ last matchup, they were defeated by the Utah Jazz, 104-84. Myles Turner was the game’s high scorer with 24 points on 10-for-14 shooting. Utah had an effective field goal percentage of 0.581 (above their season average of 0.522). Indiana, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.6 (above their season average of 22.2).
The high-octane offense of Indiana will face off against the mid-tier defense of Atlanta. The Pacers rank ninth in offensive efficiency, while the Hawks are 22nd in defensive efficiency. The Pacers should have the advantage on that end of the court.
Of Atlanta’s 65 games, 34 have finished under the O/U total, while 37 of Indiana’s 65 games have finished under the O/U total. The Pacers have the substantial advantage straight up (SU) (37-28 vs. 20-45) and a narrow edge against the spread (ATS) (36-29 vs. 33-30-2).
Both teams have had a player trending in the right direction over their last five games. For the Hawks, it’s been Taurean Prince, who has averaged 18.0 points and 2.4 steals, while the Pacers have received solid contributions from Bojan Bogdanovic (21.6 points).
These two teams have already met three times this season, with the Pacers winning two of them. Victor Oladipo put up 22 points, six steals and five rebounds in the most recent contest, in which the Pacers lost 107-102, unable to cover as 4-point favorites. The two teams combined for 209 points, which was just 4.5 points below the projected point total of 213.5 points. The Hawks dominated every facet of the game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.253 and a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 31.9. For those same stats, the Pacers put up marks of 0.167 and 24.4, respectively.
Atlanta Hawks vs. Indiana Pacers ATS Prediction
Free NBA Tip: SU Winner – Pacers, ATS Winner – Hawks, O/U – Under
- The Pacers rank 11th in assists allowed per game (22.8) while the Hawks rank last (25.9).
- Indiana averages 11.9 second chance points per game, which ranks 19th in the NBA. Atlanta ranks 24th in second chance points allowed per game (13.2).
- Atlanta ranks 10th in three pointers attempted per game (30.1) while Indiana ranks 26th (24.5).
- Indiana ranks 22nd in rebounds per game (42.3) while Atlanta ranks 26th (41.1).
- Atlanta is 15-14-2 ATS on the road with 18 unders and 13 overs.
- Indiana is 19-15 ATS at home with 19 unders, 14 overs and 1 push.
- Indiana is 22-2 when they allow below 100 points, while Atlanta is 9-4.
- The Pacers are 30-14 when they reach the century mark, while the Hawks are 18-25.
- The Pacers rank 13th in points in the paint per game (44.3) while the Hawks rank 26th (40.8).
- Indiana ranks fourth in steals per game (8.6) while Atlanta ranks 27th in steals allowed per game (8.7).
- The Pacers average 14.9 fast break points per game, which ranks third in the NBA. The Hawks rank 23rd in fast break points allowed per game (12.8).
- The Hawks rank 21st in blocks per game (4.4) while the Pacers rank 25th (4.2).
- Indiana averages 18.2 points off turnovers per game, which ranks fourth in the NBA. Atlanta ranks 23rd in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.6).
- Indiana is 3-2 ATS with 5 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Atlanta is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders, 1 over and 1 push.
- The Pacers have been outscored by an average of 2.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Indiana has defeated opponents by an average of 1.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Hawks have scored an average of 104.6 points per game (1.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 111.4 points per game (3.2 above their season average).