Southeast Division foes will clash when the Washington Wizards (6-5) square off with the Atlanta Hawks (2-10) at Capital One Arena. Washington opened as an 11-point favorite, while the game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 222 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 11, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Southeast.
Atlanta Hawks at Washington Wizards Betting Preview
In the Hawks’ last outing, they were beaten by the Detroit Pistons, 111-104. Atlanta’s Dennis Schroder put together a good game, contributing 17 points and 11 assists. Detroit did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (21-27; 77.8 percent). Atlanta, on the other hand, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.539 vs. 0.506).
The Wizards hope to maintain momentum after beating the Los Angeles Lakers in their last outing, 111-95. Washington was lifted by John Wall, who was the game’s leading scorer with 23 points on 8-for-18 shooting. Washington’s effective field goal percentage was their largest strength over Los Angeles. The Wizards had a rate of 0.560 (above their season average of 0.517), while the Lakers posted a mark of 0.378 (below their season average of 0.509).
The prolific offense of Washington (sixth in the league with an offensive efficiency of 107.8) will battle against the mid-tier defense of Atlanta (24th in the league with a defensive efficiency of 108.2). The Wizards should have the edge on that side of the ball.
Of Atlanta’s 11 games with betting action, six have finished over the O/U total, while 6 of Washington’s 11 games have finished under the O/U total. The Wizards come into this game with a clear advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 6-5 SU and 5-6 ATS, while the Hawks are 2-10 SU and 4-6-1 ATS.
Bradley Beal has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Washington, averaging 30.4 points and 3.2 assists per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Wizards won seven out of 10 contests played against each other last season. In the last contest, Washington won 115-99. The Wizards played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 15.2 and a superb free throw rate of 0.269. The Hawks were 20.3 and 0.205, respectively, for those same stats.
Atlanta Hawks vs. Washington Wizards Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Wizards, ATS Winner – Wizards, O/U – Over
- The Wizards rank 12th in second chance points per game (12.9) while the Hawks rank 20th in second chance points allowed per game (13.1).
- Washington averages 43.6 points in the paint per game, which ranks 16th in the NBA. Atlanta ranks 20th in points allowed in the paint per game (45.8).
- Washington ranks 12th in fast break points per game (10.6) while Atlanta ranks 18th in fast break points allowed per game (10.9).
- Atlanta is 2-4-1 ATS on the road with 4 unders and 3 overs.
- Washington is 1-5 ATS at home with 4 overs and 2 unders.
- Washington is 3-0 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Atlanta is 0-1.
- The Wizards are 6-3 when they score over 100 points, while the Hawks are 2-7.
- The Wizards rank fifth in points off turnovers per game (19.9) while the Hawks rank 10th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.8).
- Washington ranks 11th in three pointers allowed per game (27.2) while Atlanta ranks 28th (33.9).
- The Wizards average 23.0 assists per game, which ranks ninth in the league. The Hawks rank 26th in assists allowed per game (25.7).
- The Hawks average 8.8 steals per game, which ranks sixth in the NBA. The Wizards rank eighth in steals allowed per game (7.7).
- Washington ranks 15th in rebounds allowed per game (44.4) while Atlanta ranks 27th (48.2).
- Washington is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Atlanta is 2-3 ATS with 5 overs.
- The Wizards have been outscored by an average of 0.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Washington has defeated opponents by an average of 3.1 points.
- During their last five games, the Hawks have scored an average of 108.2 points per game (5.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 114.8 points per game (4.2 above their season average).