A 12-game home winning streak hangs in the balance for the Philadelphia 76ers (35-22) when they square off against the Atlanta Hawks (17-41) at Wells Fargo Center. The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, February 24, 2020, and will air on NBATV.
Atlanta Hawks vs. Philadelphia 76ers ATS Odds
The last time the Hawks played, they defeated the Dallas Mavericks, 111-107, covering as 2-point favorites. The 76ers, on the other hand, were blown out by the Milwaukee Bucks, 119-98, and failed to cover as 9.5-point underdogs. The Atlanta game went 19 points under the projected point total of 237, while the Philadelphia game went 10.5 points under the projected point total of 227.5.
Atlanta dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a fantastically low turnover percentage of 8.4 (better than their season average of 13.9) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.5 (above their season average of 21.0). Dallas put up marks of 14.1 and 20.0, respectively, for those same stats. Philadelphia, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (8.5 vs. 14.9). Joel Embiid had a good game for Philadelphia, finishing with 17 points and 11 rebounds. John Collins, meanwhile played a key role for Atlanta with 35 points and 17 rebounds.
The Hawks evened the season series at one with a 127-117 victory in their most recent contest. Trae Young put up a double-double in the victory with 39 points and 18 assists. Atlanta had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (22.7 vs. 17.4). Philadelphia, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (10.5 vs. 13.4). Atlanta covered as a 6-point underdog and the two teams combined to score 244 points, which was well over the projected point total of 228.
Hawks games have typically finished over the O/U total (56.9 percent). Atlanta comes into the contest with records of 17-41 straight up (SU) and 27-30-1 against the spread (ATS).
Games involving the 76ers have finished over the total 49.1 percent of the time. Philadelphia has a solid 35-22 SU record, but they are just 24-29-4 ATS.
Philadelphia should have the edge on the defensive side of the ball. The 76ers currently rank ninth in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.515), while Atlanta is 25th in effective field goal percentage (0.513). This contest should be a matchup of opposite styles. The up-and-down Hawks rank third in possessions per game, while the more half-court oriented 76ers rank 23rd.
Atlanta Hawks at Philadelphia 76ers ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Hawks, ATS Winner – Hawks, O/U – Over
- The 76ers average 14.5 fast break points per game, which ranks ninth in the league. The Hawks rank 23rd in fast break points allowed per game (14.4).
- Philadelphia ranks third in blocks allowed per game (3.9) while Atlanta ranks 29th (6.4).
- The 76ers average 8.2 steals per game, which ranks ninth in the NBA. The Hawks rank 28th in steals allowed per game (8.9).
- Philadelphia ranks 11th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.5) while Atlanta ranks 29th (19.6).
- Philadelphia ranks third in assists allowed per game (22.4) while Atlanta ranks 18th (24.6).
- The 76ers rank third in second chance points allowed per game (11.6) while the Hawks rank 28th (14.9).
- The 76ers rank 13th in points allowed in the paint per game (47.0) while the Hawks rank 29th (53.8).
- Philadelphia ranks first in three pointers allowed per game (28.9) while Atlanta ranks seventh (32.5).
- Philadelphia ranks third in rebounds allowed per game (42.2) while Atlanta ranks 28th (47.1).
- Atlanta is 4-0 when they allow under 100 points, while Philadelphia is 14-1.
- The Hawks are 17-34 when they reach the century mark, while the 76ers are 31-10.
- Philadelphia is 15-10-3 ATS at home, while Atlanta is 10-20 ATS on the road.
- Of the Hawks’ 30 road games, they have 18 overs and 12 unders.
- In 28 home games, the 76ers have 14 overs, 13 unders and 1 push.
- In their last five games, Atlanta and Philadelphia are both 2-2-1 ATS.
- The Hawks have 3 overs and 2 unders over their last five games, while the 76ers have 3 unders and 2 overs
- The Hawks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 3.4, down from 8.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the 76ers have scored an average of 111.4 points per game (2.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 108.8 points per game (2.4 above their season average).