The Army West Point Black Knights (8-10, 3-4 Pat) will be at Alumni Hall to go head-to-head against the Navy Midshipmen (11-7, 5-2 Pat) in a Pat matchup. The game starts at 1:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 25, 2020, and will air on CBS Sports Network.
Army West Point Black Knights vs. Navy Midshipmen Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Midshipmen won a close one over the Boston University Terriers 60-58, while the Black Knights won big over the Lafayette Leopards 94-74.
The Black Knights had a ridiculously low turnover percentage of 5.7 (better than their season average of 17.6) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.719 (above their season average of 0.534). Meanwhile, Navy’s free throw rate was their largest advantage over Boston University. The Midshipmen had a rate of 0.341 (above their season average of 0.255), while the Terriers posted a mark of 0.105 (below their season average of 0.170). Navy received a boost from Greg Summers, who contributed 19 points and eight rebounds. Tommy Funk, meanwhile was a key piece for Army West Point with 19 points and 11 assists.
This series was highly competitive last year, as the teams split their two games last season. In the last matchup, the Midshipmen won 79-68. One of Navy’s largest strengths was getting to the free throw line. They had 25 free throw attempts, while Army West Point had just 10. This will be the first meeting of the year between these two teams.
Points at the line might be hard to come by for Army West Point in this contest. The Black Knights currently rank 350th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.140, while Navy ranks 26th in FTA rate allowed (0.164).
Army West Point Black Knights at Navy Midshipmen Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Navy, ATS Winner – Army West Point, O/U – Under
- Army West Point ranks ninth in assists per game (16.9) while Navy ranks 213th (11.3).
- The Midshipmen rank 106th in rebounds per game (37.0) while the Black Knights rank 227th (33.7).
- Navy ranks 175th in three pointers attempted per game (21.4) while Army West Point ranks 265th in three pointers allowed per game (26.2).
- During their last five games, the Black Knights have scored an average of 62.6 points per game (4.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 60.4 points per game (8.5 below their season average).
- The Midshipmen’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.2, down from 2.3 for the season.