The Loyola Maryland Greyhounds (4-12, 0-3 Pat) and the Army West Point Black Knights (7-9, 2-1 Pat) battle at Reitz Arena. The Greyhounds look to snap their six-game losing streak. Action starts at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 12, 2019.
Army West Point Black Knights vs. Loyola Maryland Greyhounds ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Greyhounds fell to the Lafayette Leopards, 85-70, while the Black Knights defeated the Boston University Terriers, 86-82.
The Black Knights had a turnover percentage of 11.2 (better than their season average of 14.7) and had a free throw rate of 0.210 (above their season average of 0.138). Loyola Maryland, meanwhile, did a great job of making free throws (13-15; 86.7 percent). Loyola Maryland’s KaVaughn Scott had a solid performance, putting up 21 points and eight rebounds. Meanwhile, Tommy Funk played a pivotal role for Army West Point with 16 points and six assists.
The Greyhounds edged out the Black Knights in this series last year, winning two out of three contests. In the last contest, Loyola Maryland won 82-79. Loyola Maryland’s 0.268 free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Army West Point, who had a rate of 0.152. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
It could be a difficult game for Loyola Maryland on the offensive glass. The Greyhounds are among the country’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking 238th in offensive rebounding percentage at 27.3 percent. Meanwhile, Army West Point ranks 17th in the NCAA at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 76.9 percent. Ball protection should be an advantage for the Black Knights. They rank 40th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.3 percent). Conversely, the Greyhounds force the 77th-fewest turnovers in the country (opponents’ turnover percentage of 17.7 percent).
Army West Point at Loyola Maryland Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Loyola Maryland, O/U – Under
- Army West Point ranks 10th in three pointers attempted per game (29.1) while Loyola Maryland ranks 217th (19.5).
- The Greyhounds average 6.8 steals per game, which ranks 91st in the NCAA. The Black Knights rank 104th in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- The Black Knights average 16.8 assists per game, which ranks 25th in the NCAA. The Greyhounds rank 215th in assists allowed per game (15.9).
- Loyola Maryland ranks 120th in rebounds allowed per game (34.8) while Army West Point ranks 227th (38.9).
- The Greyhounds’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 18.0, up from 8.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Black Knights have scored an average of 75.2 points per game (2.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 77.2 points per game (3.1 above their season average).