The Army West Point Black Knights (5-10, 0-4 Pat) travel to Hart Recreation Center to go head-to-head with the Holy Cross Crusaders (2-15, 1-3 Pat). The Black Knights will attempt to snap their five-game losing streak. The game starts at 7:05 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 15, 2020.
Army West Point Black Knights at Holy Cross Crusaders Betting Odds
Both teams fell in their last outing. The Crusaders lost to the Bucknell Bison, 75-60, while the Black Knights got blown out by the Boston University Terriers, 81-59.
Army West Point had a better free throw rate (0.143 vs. 0.089) while Holy Cross did a great job of making free throws (10-14; 71.4 percent). Holy Cross’ Connor Niego played well, recording 11 points and 10 rebounds. Army West Point was lifted by Lonnie Grayson, who finished with 14 points.
This was a highly competitive series last year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. The Crusaders won the most recent game 56-42. Holy Cross had a much better turnover percentage (12.9 vs. 25.8). Army West Point, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (30.8 vs. 8.3). This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
Holy Cross may have difficulty getting to the foul line in this meeting. The Crusaders rank 347th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.150, while Army West Point ranks 39th in FTA rate allowed (0.166).
Army West Point at Holy Cross Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Holy Cross, ATS Winner – Holy Cross, O/U – Under
- Holy Cross ranks 87th in three pointers allowed per game (20.4) while Army West Point ranks 255th (26.4).
- The Black Knights rank 30th in assists per game (16.1) while the Crusaders rank 172nd (12.6).
- Army West Point averages 5.9 steals per game, which ranks 163rd in the country. Holy Cross ranks 177th in steals allowed per game (8.1).
- The Black Knights’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 11.4, up from 4.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Crusaders have scored an average of 63.8 points per game (2.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 74.4 points per game (5.4 below their season average).