The Colgate Raiders (22-8, 13-4 Pat) welcome the Army West Point Black Knights (15-13, 10-7 Pat) to Cotterell Court as the regular season comes to an end. Action gets underway at 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020, and can be seen on CBS Sports Network.
Army West Point Black Knights vs. Colgate Raiders ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Raiders lost a winnable game to the Bucknell Bison, 71-70, while the Black Knights defeated the Holy Cross Crusaders, 67-61.
Army West Point dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.145 (matching their season average) and a turnover percentage of 8.0 (better than their season average of 15.9). Holy Cross recorded marks of 0.031 and 13.1, respectively, for those same stats. Colgate, on the other hand, had a free throw rate of 0.370 (above their season average of 0.183). Colgate was led by Jordan Burns, who had 24 points. Meanwhile, Tommy Funk fueled Army West Point with 22 points, seven assists and six rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Rapolas Ivanauskas led the Raiders to a 70-65 victory. He recorded a double-double with 13 points and 10 rebounds. Colgate’s free throw rate was their largest strength over Army West Point. The Raiders had a rate of 0.263, while the Black Knights posted a mark of 0.129.
Colgate could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their upper-echelon offense goes up against one of the worst defenses in the nation. The Raiders currently rank 51st in effective field goal percentage (0.529), while Army West Point ranks 262nd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.509). Ball protection should be an advantage for the Black Knights. They rank 55th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 17.1 percent). Conversely, the Raiders force the 99th-fewest turnovers in the country (opponents’ turnover percentage of 18.1 percent).
Army West Point Black Knights vs. Colgate Raiders Odds Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Colgate, ATS Winner – Colgate, O/U – Under
- Colgate averages 28.0 three pointers per game, which ranks 13th in the NCAA. Army West Point ranks 272nd in three pointers allowed per game (25.4).
- The Black Knights average 16.3 assists per game, which ranks 13th in the country. The Raiders rank 146th in assists allowed per game (12.7).
- Colgate ranks 113th in rebounds per game (36.2) while Army West Point ranks 166th in rebounds allowed per game (35.6).
- During their last five games, the Raiders have scored an average of 77.8 points per game (2.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 69.0 points per game (0.6 above their season average).
- The Black Knights have outscored opponents by an average of 8.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Army West Point has lost by an average of 0.1 points.