The Arkansas State Red Wolves (15-11, 7-8 SBC) will be at Strahan Coliseum to go head-to-head against the Texas State Bobcats (16-10, 9-6 SBC) in a SBC matchup. The game is scheduled to start at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Arkansas State Red Wolves at Texas State Bobcats ATS Odds
In their last game, the Bobcats were victorious over the Little Rock Trojans, 74-66, while the Red Wolves lost to the UT Arlington Mavericks, 77-67.
The Bobcats had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 45.9 (above their season average of 29.1), while the Trojans had a turnover percentage of 23.0 (above their season average of 19.4). Arkansas State, on the other hand, forced UT Arlington into a turnover percentage of 20.8 (above their season average of 14.5). Texas State’s Alonzo Sule had a good game, recording 26 points and 10 rebounds. Marquis Eaton played a pivotal role for Arkansas State with 16 points and five assists.
In their first matchup this year, Nijal Pearson led the Bobcats to a 70-67 victory. He scored a game-high 23 points. Texas State’s effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over Arkansas State. The Bobcats had a rate of 0.456 while the Red Wolves posted a mark of 0.385.
Half-court execution will be critical when two of the country’s slowest-paced teams face off. Texas State ranks 288th in possessions per game (67.0) and Arkansas State is 262nd (67.5). Also, the Red Wolves are among the NCAA’s elite at getting to the line, ranking first in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.357). The Bobcats, meanhwile, rank 304th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.273).
Arkansas State vs. Texas State ATS Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Texas State, ATS Winner – Texas State, O/U – Over
- Texas State ranks 34th in assists allowed per game (10.6) while Arkansas State ranks 183rd (13.7).
- The Red Wolves rank 38th in three pointers allowed per game (18.8) while the Bobcats rank 87th (20.2).
- Texas State ranks 212th in rebounds per game (33.7) while Arkansas State ranks 261st (32.3).
- The Red Wolves rank third in blocks allowed per game (1.9) while the Bobcats rank 111th (3.4).
- Texas State ranks 19th in steals allowed per game (5.0) while Arkansas State ranks 78th (6.0).
- During their last five games, the Bobcats have scored an average of 74.6 points per game (2.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 61.2 points per game (2.3 below their season average).
- The Red Wolves’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.0, up from 0.3 for the season.